Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what sucks about long distance the most??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jan 16, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Not being able to just run over to her house and see whats up. Been trying to get ahold of Tshy for 24 hours now. Phone would ring and ring yesterday. Then last night it must have died or been turned off cause its automatic voicemail now. So I try her sister's phone today to see if she can give me Tshy's dad's other cellphone number. Her phone is out of service, WTF? Then I call Tshy's mom, no answer. Grandparents, no answer. Finally I realize I have her dad's other phone number, call it... direct to voice mail. SOB! I'm a worrier, plain and simple, and when she tells me to call her the next day(last I talked to her was friday night) and I get no response it makes me worry. Now I'm sure things are fine but still it puts me on edge. If she lived close, I'd just drive over and apease(sp??) myself that everything is fine. Grr, so I get to sit here, do some homework, play some games, hoping I hear from her before school tomorrow. If I don't hear from her by then, well its gonna be a really bad day at school.

2. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

dont sweat too much. I used to worry to much. Not good for you. Here's a quote form somewhere; "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere." Think positive thoughts. And sorry that you can't get ahold of her. I know it sux.

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

No offense, but damn, you just talked to her 2 days ago and you're going crazy? I'm only 100 miles from my girl when I'm here at school and we talk once, maybe twice a week for half an hour tops each time. Guess we don't have much to talk about though, nothing but work and school in our lives.:crazy:

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah it sucks dood me and my wife wee 3000 miles apart when we dated, it sucks and your gunna worry your self sick about it, think the worst and it will just be some unfortunat coincadence (SP)

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I must say, whether she is down the street or across the country if you never have anything to talk about is it really a great relationship? Don't mean to overstep here, but I mean we talk almost everyday, and just have things to talk about. Its one of the reasons I think she is the one, we always have things to say to each other. When we are together we don't talk nearly as much, I'm not a big talker really but when its all I have with her I do it as much as I can.

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

She dumped you man! Get over it!! J/K !! :D

I know all about long distance relationships. I work and live in the Florida panhandle and my wife is still at our house in Louisville. That's only 600 miles (+/-) but it's still a 10.5 hour drive. So - we upgraded our cell plan so cell-to-cell calls are free. She also travels a lot too, so we had to get used to that. We have a strong enough marriage that we can handle it. Plus - we talk every night.

Also - stop worrying - it'll increase your stress and that'll kill ya!

Oh yeah - her family must be on Sprint. They crash all the time!! :screwy:

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Maybe you suffer from "postnon-successful repeated communication attemp paranoia anxiety syndrome"? I know what you mean. Sometimes when I am really bored I will try to call someone to talk to and get no answer. Then I try to call someone else... no answer. After about 4 or 5 attempts with no answer I begin to wonder if the people are really at home or not? Can they really all not be at home? Then I start to develope a "the wireless communication gods have a conspiracy against me" complex by thinking that there is a higher power that is preventing me from establishing any connections, watching from above and laughing at my discontent and uncertainty the whole time as if it's a funny joke.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah after all those no answers, I will call like my mom or someone who will always answer just to test, I know I'm sad.

and both of our families are on Verizon. We switched so my calling her would be free.

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

hmm alright I was fine for a while. I talked to her dad and he said she went grovery shopping and was gone when he got up. Well that was 9 hours ago... I talked to him around 9:30 and he still hadn't heard from her. Now I can't sleep and I have to be up at 6 in the morning, this blows.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Jesus man, relax.......

11. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

hey sled any news?

or are you still on the phone with her?

12. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Not to tell ya what to do, but when you get anxious about not talking to her, FIND ANYTHING to busy yourself, instead of trying to hunt her down. go clean the plug wires on the blazer, or rotate the tires, just don't pick up a damn phone.

No matter how you percieve your behavior towards her, eventually she and her family will view you as a needy , untrusting stalker type and you will lose her for sure.

And for Gods sake, don't tell her things like " I'm not calling as much because I don't want to be a pain in the butt", or waste the time you do talk to her grilling her about her whereabouts and schedule. relax and maintain a life outside of her, or you will find yourself in a deep hole you can't get out of. Reality is that you'll think all is well, until the damage is done and recovery is impossible. Guys are blind like that.

How do I know this? Doing the wrong thing in this situation cost me a few people I thought might be "the one".. Thankfully I pulled my head out of my butt when I met Lisa, and she was living with a guy 2 time zones away when I met her. Just do what the .38 special song says and "hold on loosely" .

Tom

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I used to be all crazy about what shes doinga nd what happens when she misses calling me. but I calmed down on that. What really worried me yesterday is she recently moved to Long Island with her Dad. She knows no one there, her being gone for 10 hours(reaching in to like 11, 12 o clock at night) is very strange in my mind. Now if she were still in Louisianna I would have said, ah she is at so and so's house I will talk to her tomorrow. And I still have not talked to her. Called when I just got home for lunch and it rings again finally, but no answer.

14. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

He has a valid point sled. Over anxiety/calling/whatever else can be annoying for both sides. I would recomend calling a couple times (of course with a good amount of time in between) at first then wait for a day or more. And get out and just do normal stuff. work on a truck, shoot hoops, do something you normally do if you have free time. Over calling is often read as checking in to make sure yer not misbehaving and can be read as not trusting someone. I would call and leave a message however, to get her to call you back at some point. And if you miss the call due to something you were doing to enjoy yerself (to you it's busy work I know but don't let her know that) and when you do get a hold of her it will be at the time when it's meant to be that you do. I believe that everythign in life happens for a reason. SOmetimes we don't know why or how it does. It simply does. I feel your pain though. Been through a bunch before. It is hard to not comunicate with someone whom you care greatly about. But you must relax and take it all in stride. Distance often makes the heart fonder also don't forget. ;)

15. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Women need distance and freedom. None of them like to be put in a cage and only a few like to be on a leash.

16. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

:rotfl: , you guys remember the movie swingers ? ,
    i hope all is well though.

oh wait , what about road trip ?

17. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Everyone needs their distance and freedom. I don't like feeling that I am being checked up on all the time and would only like to be on a leash if it involved leather and took place behind closed doors. ;)

18. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah well, she did end up home last night just didn't call me. now I just talked to her dad when trying to get her tonight, shes gone again and left the phone at home. her dad came home to the garage door open, door to the house open, and hes worried sick now, that just makes me feel oh so much better.

19. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Well brother don't worry too much. I'm sure she's fine. We're all rootin for ya :waytogo:

20. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I might know someday. called and talked to her father and well by the end of that conversation I'm never to talk to his daughter again :rolleyes: I'm not a nice person for the most part and I don't take ****, I took more than I usually do from him before I blew up. now I have another thing to think about, on top of the fact that I won't know how she is, or whether hes gonna be angry and treat her like crap cause of me.