Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What swaps...10b to d44?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BlazerWheels, Jul 25, 2004.

1. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

I am going to be swapping my stock 10 bolt out for a d44...What swaps? So the brake calipers?? Rotors?? Anything??

What about from a 10 bolt rear to a 12 bolt..saeme questions... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

10 bolt to D44 knuckles out will swap. I don't think anything will swap between 10 and 12 bolt rear.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

On the 10 bolt rear to 12 bolt rear the things I know for a fact will swap is the backing plates , brakes , u-bolts , drums , and the hardlines for the brakes . Did this when swapping out the 10 bolt Dead-loc axle for a 12 bolt . None of the internals will interchange since the pinion/cross shaft diameter is different . I never checked the bearings and seals to see if they were the same , I think they are same inner size for the axles at least for 30 splined axles , because 30 spline 10 bolt shafts worked temporarily with a little weld on each end to make them wider , until I scored `12 bolt shafts ( got a 5 lug 12 bolt to work with ) /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

10 bolt fronts and d44 fronts are pretty much identical with respect to strength... why swap a 44 in for a 10?

j

5. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    10 bolt fronts and d44 fronts are pretty much identical with respect to strength... why swap a 44 in for a 10?

j

[/ QUOTE ]
    Don't need to go 3/4, and cheaper than having re-geared.