Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What the Fu-Hell!!! He's working on that truck again... !1TONS!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, May 23, 2006.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Thats what my neighbors where saying last night when I pulled up at my parents and unloaded these....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think this is the first thread in a long while about the project truck in the Garage :thinking:

Project Rusty Bucket AKA Highlander
    1TONS! Dually Dana 60 4.10's soon to be cleaned up, currently a 3/4ton 14boltFF shaved and my huge Diff Cover, looking for a 14bolt dually or a Dana70 dually with 4.10's or Numericly higher.
    350 TBI, 700R4/208
    Soon to be clocked with a belly pan
    I have 300 more pounds of diamond plate in the garage to add (rear corners, ext door skins, front skid plate and a belly pan!)

To Do List:
    Steering Brace(will make), 2wd Box (have), Dana60 spring plates, crossover arms and draglink (looking), Hummer rims with run flats (looking), install front spring bushings (have some of, need the 1/2" shoulder bushings for the 52" spring swap), Swap out the rear shackles for the bell tech lowering shackles (have), build and install rear axle truss and shock mount tower, raise fuel tank, run new brake and fuel lines for EFI, Finish front spring hangers including the front bumper, motor / tranny swap, new crossmembers and belly pan, build driveshafts / change out yokes (researching), Body swap to new frame, new core support, reattach fenders, build rollcage, attach seats in cage, remove roof, build roll bars to soft top, finish rear storage compartments, secure and wire dual batteries, multi-mount winch (looking for).
    My goal is to have it driveable by the Badlands Holloween run if funding is there! I'll make time to do it if I have parts. With my new job this could be doable! :cool:
    [​IMG]

I have a Cab and Chassis 14bff with 4.10's BRAND NEW drums, new bearings, brakes and more, never bolted under the truck after rebuild (I'll pull the cover soon and inspect further, thats what the seller told me anyhow). Will sell/ship or trade for dually 14b or Dana70! :ears::thumb:

BACK TO THE OFFROAD AGAIN, JUST CAN'T WAIT TO OFFROAD AGAIN!

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  2. jjlaughner

Just a special thanks to everyone that bought parts from me that made it possible for me to go get these. And a Thanks to JeremyK5 for helping out on the 1300 mile trip to Philly and back in 36hours to pickup the axles. :thumb:

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Where did you get those new style u-bolts? I want some:D

4. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

its about dam time!

5. jjlaughner

Those are new style C-Bolts, you can get them in the welding isle :pimp:

6. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

I have had this dana 60 for 3 years and never got it under the K5, and you picked up and bolted (clamp) them in already. Alright, I am going to get going on mine, tonight! damnit.

7. NJBLZ

NJBLZ 1/2 ton status

somtimes I need to read these posts to get motivated too!

8. MT wheeler

MT wheeler 1/2 ton status

O.K. someone clear me up on this. I probably should have searched but this pic is perfect.

I was once told but have NO evidence to back this up. If take a dually front end and machine off the dually wheel mounting surfaca, install the lug studs where through the brake rotor like usual and it make the dually front end about the same as a single wheel front end just with longer hubs.

Has anyone done this or I just a confused idiot?:dunno:

9. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Yes you can do that and the hubs wont be longer. But this is a weaker alternative and some say dont do it....

Congrats JJ!!! :thumb:

10. jjlaughner

Thanks, now I'm in the Sheet Metal group and the 1ton group! :pimp:

I see your avitar is Staind.. I'm going to see them Saturday at MayDay with Flyleaf, Evans Blue, 3Day Grace and 10years! I can't freakin wait!