Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what the heck happened

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hunterguy86, May 1, 2005.

1. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

So I went muddin yesterday. On the way back to the house, the k5 suddenly started to idle up really high. I kicked the throttle and it came back down some. Today I pulled off the aircleaner and looked, and all looks fine but still ran way too high. So I got a torque head screwdriver and idled down the carb. What caused it to do this? Am I gonna screw anything up by turnin down the carb? What else should I do?

My ride is an 86 k5 w/ a 305/700R4/np208. all stock.

On a side note how can I post up the video of the muddin trip?

2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

That happened to me when I got mud all over my carb. I just doused it down with half a can of carb cleaner and worked the linkages while I cleaned it out. Then I put a little WD40 on it, and worked it in. Everything was fine after that. Also, check to make sure that your fast idle cam isn't sticking. Mine used to do that sometimes, but I just made a small adjustment to the choke pull off and it's fine now.

3. 84blazin

84blazin 1/2 ton status

That happened to me also. My choke terminal broke off. Right now the chokes zipped tied open till i go an replace it. :D

4. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

After idleing the carb down it seems to run better. I think the idle was a touch to fast in the 1st place. I sprayed a bunch of carb cleaner in and on the carb and linkages ect. and now it seems to run ok if not a touch to slow.

Thanks for all the help.

How can I post the video of the muddin trip? Can somebody host it for me?

5. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Someone can. I think maybe whiteknight, I'm not sure.