Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What the hell is wrong with COPS these days?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Jun 28, 2003.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

We have been getting our mail stolen... Called the cops, filed a report, called the post office.... All say there is nothing they can do and I should get a PO box. There is a one year waiting list for a PO box at the post office. I don't see why I should have to go to the trouble of renting a box and having to go there every day to check my mail. The cops should do their damn job and catch this bum. They say they are under staffed but when we play our music the cops show up in force. Two squads for disturbing the peace but not enough officers to cruise by once or twice a day to possibly catch the mail thief... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

How about something like this /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I hope they find him/her/them. I do believe mail theft is a felony, is it not?

3. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

Get one of those motion detecting cameras like hunters use to keep an eye on what sort of game is in their plot when they aren't around, etc... That should also help provide some pretty decent evidence as to who it is, or at least what they look like...

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Not a bad idea...but the cheapest you'll find is probably about $200. Decent ones run about $350. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif And, I hope it will catch all the pics during the day because if it flashes at night, you can bet what will also be stolen. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

5. landsmasher

I've thought about getting a security box but the post office told me that they just steal the box. They also told me that recently someone pulled the security boxes on a certain street right out of the sidewalk and drug them down the street and left them. Why can't the cops just do thier job?

Yes it is not only a felony but it's a FEDERAL felony. Can you say LEVINWORTH?

I thought about the camera thing but it would have to be solar/battery powered. And it would have to be able to photograph at night and be able to transmit at least 1000 feet because that's how far away my box it from my place. Then I would have to have a 24 hour video recorder to record the camera action. Again, why can't the cops just do thier job?

6. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Set a trip wire on your mailbox. When they try and steal the mail, have a loud recording of your band start playing. Im sure the neighbors will call the copy for you /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Actually, I wonder if the Mail Police (im sure they have them) might be a better way to approach this. Maybe call your local FBI office and inquire about this also.

7. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

go buy like 10-lbs of flower and spread it around the mail box. notice the foot prints that go to it. call the cops and tell them you got evidence. I think stealing mail is a federal crime. by the size of the foot prints it should give you an idea of who it is.

I agree with 88S, a trip wire with some kind of audiable alarm would help.

ARQ.

8. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Stealing mail is a federal offense, i believe. Id just say find out who it is and unleash a royal ass beating

9. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Itl is a federal offence. Call the post office and ask who you should talk to. Cops aren't the right ones to deal with that. Probably the FBI. Wouldn't that be a hoot if the peeps calling on you about your music got nailed for felony mail theft? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. landsmasher

I have to work and sleep like everyone else. So I don't have the time to sit around all day and night waiting for this a$$ hole. My point is, WHY can't the cops just do thier job? I asked them that question. They said they are under staffed. However, when we play our music, two squad cars show up almost instantaniously and threaten us with jail.

I just have to resign myself to having to change my life style and pay for a PO box in one of those mail drop places and have to go there every day to check for my mail. I just wish the cops would quit giving me excuses and do thier damn job. Plain and simple.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. landsmasher

I DID call the post office and reported it. The POST OFFICE said I have to file a report with the police station, get a copy of that report ($10) and then bring the report to the annex station and give it to them. Then they said they fax it off to the central mail station. I don't know what they do with it after that. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Wouldn't that be a hoot if the peeps calling on you about your music got nailed for felony mail theft?

[/ QUOTE ]

First thing that came to my mind. I have a funny feeling it is one of the people reporting us.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I DID call the post office and reported it. The POST OFFICE said I have to file a report with the police station, get a copy of that report ($10) and then bring the report to the annex station and give it to them. Then they said they fax it off to the central mail station. I don't know what they do with it after that. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Wouldn't that be a hoot if the peeps calling on you about your music got nailed for felony mail theft?

[/ QUOTE ]

First thing that came to my mind. I have a funny feeling it is one of the people reporting us.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Kinda sounds like you might have a niebor that doesn't like y'all for some reason. I had a niebor like that a few years back. But after I invited everyone in the nieborhood over for a BBQ things changed. (Good way for you to get too know your new niebors, and for them too get too know you). Be a good time too bring up the mail theft problem, and see if everyone would be intrested in forming a nieborhood watch program. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Wow, so the Post Office is really taking it seriuosly. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I think there is little doubt that one of the people bustin your chops is doing it.

Maybe it's time to go up the Post Office food chain. Or call the press. People might like to know that felony mail theft isn't considered much of a big deal out there.

14. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I know what you mean by them showing up in force for little things. I had two cars show up to my band practice yesterday, too. Said someone 3 blocks away complained of the noise. We had the friggin door closed, though! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Set up the mailbox with a nice firecracker or something so when the thing is opened, they get a surprise that'll make them soil their pants. Knowing they got the hell scared out of them would be worth the effort... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

the firecracker is a good idea n all, but how is he gonna rig it up to go off when the theif opens the mailbox and not the mail delivery technician? He may not have mail delivered to be stolen if he scares the [naughty word] out of the mailman/lady... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

16. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    go buy like 10-lbs of flower and spread it around the mail box. notice the foot prints that go to it. call the cops and tell them you got evidence. I think stealing mail is a federal crime. by the size of the foot prints it should give you an idea of who it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we say Anthrax scare rekindled? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Tell the mailman you're going out of town and they need to hold the mail for you for several days. Rig it up, and if they never come, get it out and resume normal delivery.

18. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

you could rig up a bunch of fish hooks on the inside of the box, i bet that would get their attention. sorry to hear about this.

and just out of curiosity, where are all our police friends trying to justify these other cops actions???? thought they would have posted up by now.

19. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

here's what you do. take out your existing mailbox. then dig a hole there about 2 feet wide and about 3 feet deep. get a steel pipe about 4 or 6 inches in diameter. put the pipe in the hole, then fill the hole and the pipe with concrete. get a piece of steel I-beam about 2 feet long and weld it to the pipe. then get a heavy duty, thick steel mailbox and weld it to the pipe and cut a slot in the door and put a lock on it. won't have much of a problem with them taking your mail, or your mailbox after that. and if you have a package coming, tell the mailman to hold all packages at the post office and give you a delivery slip for them. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. landsmasher

Well here's the deal on booby trapping the box. If the mail thief get's hurt, believe it or not, he could sue me... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif And if anything went wrong like I forget to remove it or something, the mail man could get hurt.

As far as a lock box is concerned, I just found out that there is only one that is approved by this post office and it's $300.

As far as having a block party is concerned, we have had many parties over the years while the neighborhood has been built up. The neighbors were always invited and most of them like us. There is only a few that have a hard on for us. And those few just never give up. They call the police if my dog barks. They call the police if somebody elses dog barks and blame it on my dog. They call the police if I'm calling for my dog. They call the police if they hear the slightest noise coming from our 63 acre place. We are almost completely surrounded by tract homes now, and they are building 714 more of them right behind me.

Ya what happened to Moab Dad and all the other cops on here? Maybe they got tired of us ranting on cops and went to another board? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif