Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What the hell?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SCJimmy, Jul 22, 2004.

1. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Am I doing?

[​IMG]

Made a deal with the wife to give up the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif for this. I needed a vehicle to travel between cities to care for my Mom, who's not doing too well. It was this or a car... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

I figure I can still have D44's lockers, and 4:1 transfer case, and depend on it going home 220 miles every week.

Let the heep bashing begin! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Seriously though, I wanted to say how much I enjoy this place, all the different personalities and opinions. My one ton is up for sale, and even when it's gone, I'll still hang out around here, even if I have to pretend to be a K5'er /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Many thanks to Shaggy, TonyP, Mudhog, and everybody else who took the time to offer advice and info while I was building my rig.

[​IMG]

Damn, I'm gonna miss it... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Byron

2. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

Thats a good looking jeep. Ur guna miss the k5 tho /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Damn, I'm gonna miss it... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Byron

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you're selling the K5 & getting a Jeep doesn't mean you can't still hang out here. We won't mind. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

At least you're getting a fairly decent Jeep... and still a nice load of upgrades you can do /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Oh, and don't feel bad about not having a K5... I haven't had one for nearly 3 years, and I'm still here /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

those are nice jeeps from what i have heard but why sell the blazer? can you keep it and park it for a while? or do you need the money from it /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

My loving (extremely understanding) wife went along with the Rubi purchase with the understanding that I had to recover part of the 15k I just spent on building the K5. The Rubi is here, so the K5 has to go. I feel good knowing that I enjoyed the build up, and learned quite a bit in the process. I would love to have them both, especially when good K5's are getting harder to find, but I agreed to do this, so it has to go.

Byron

7. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh, and don't feel bad about not having a K5... I haven't had one for nearly 3 years, and I'm still here /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

For now...bunny man /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

My accountant friend has a Rubicon. He wheeled it over some pretty aggressive trails in the first month he owned it.
    I like the features, especially the 4:1 t-case.[​IMG]

But I require LOTS of elbow room in a vehicle.(No I'm not fat.) /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Enjoy it, and stick around!

9. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Just because you're selling the K5 & getting a Jeep doesn't mean you can't still hang out here. We don't mind.

[/ QUOTE ]
    YES WE DO !!!!
    J/K !! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Got to do what you got to do. Some lift and bigger MT/Rs will be a nice crawler/ driver with a warranty. No idea how jeeps warranty is with lift.

11. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Some lift and bigger MT/Rs will be a nice crawler/ driver with a warranty.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Did you miss the part about 220 miles A WEEK ? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

nope, can't drive a lifted jeep any distance? I figured the point of getting it is a nice reliable vehicle, since when does some suspension lift ruin reliability? Not to mention it comes with MT/Rs from the factory, what are larger ones gonna have horrible lifetime in comparison?

13. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

I was just referring to the driving distance /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I know I'd be beat to death with a weekly drive like that. That's all. Any increase in the comfort level is warranted, IMHO.

14. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Another one lost to the dark side...

I have to say, if I had the scratch, I wouldn't mind a Rubicon. Lift it, regear it and throw on some 35s and have a good old time. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    I have to say, if I had the scratch, I wouldn't mind a Rubicon. Lift it, regear it and throw on some 35s and have a good old time.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah and maybe throw in a small block chevy while your at it... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I have to say, if I had the scratch, I wouldn't mind a Rubicon. Lift it, regear it and throw on some 35s and have a good old time.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah and maybe throw in a small block chevy while your at it... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah and some 60s and hydro assist and and and the ands never seem to end /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    enjoy and let us know how it wheels with some pics.