Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What the ??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by UseYourBlinker, Jun 22, 2000.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Had some radiator fluid pouring from under the dash today.....Heater core went out! does anybody know how much this is gonna cost to get fixed? any info would be great!!

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Wont cost a thing! Well, you have to buy the heater core. Other than that dig in and have fun. I just pulled mine out and started taking stuff apart. You can also bypass it for the summer.

3. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

Get a new one from a junk yard, it'll be really cheap. I had a similar problem in my Cruiser, and it was one of the first things I ever fixed. I just dove in , figuring I couldn't make things any worse. It was so easy! That gave me the impetus to fix as much on my car as I can from now on (just did the hoses and gaskets!). I personally think working on cars is a blast.[​IMG]

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

A NEW one from Auto Zone is like $30. Not that expensive. The worst part of the whole job is you have to drop the inner fender out so you can get to 1 bolt that holds the bottom. Now Be very carefull with the outside(under hood) box. That doesn't need to be touched and the sealant they used will hold it in place while you pull the inner box to get to the core. Pull the glove box door off and you can get to the control connections. There is also a hard to get at screw for the defrosters you need to fight out. It's sort of between the astray and glove box on the box. Cant get a good angle on it.
    With hand tools 4 hours tops
    With air tools 2.5 hours. Lots of bolts for that inner fender!

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/