Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what things can we do for appearance?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jj4465, Aug 4, 2003.

1. jj4465

jj4465 Registered Member

well i had some things in mind for my blazer...i want a 3 in lift..so i dont have to change much on the blazer to lift it...maybe some 36 inch tires...some step rails on the side....id like some spotlights...(4 or 5 lights across) on top of the blazer....also can put various decals on the truck....what other things can a guy do to enhance the blazers appearance..thanks guys!

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Slapping on a good coat of paint and washing it once in a while can do wonders. Shiny tires help too.

4. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

shiny tires is a matter of personal taste. Myself I do not like the shiny wet look on tires or interior. A nice mat look works for me. I am making my rig a nice to look at trail rig. I will be practicing my painting technique and attempting to put ghost flames on my hood and fenders. My custom bumpers and sliders will be a trim color. I will be etching a grim reaper design into my rear window with my sandblaster and me and my wifes names into the door windows. dunno if you can use any of that but there it is.

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Run it down a tree or two or better yet a Big rock. Gives it that highly sought after "Mad Max" look. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

make sure you put decals on that are super tacky, or ones from performance parts that you dont actually have. I hear NOS is really popular.

On a serious side, try waxing the truck and adding a set of chrome or aluminum rims, really pizzases it up.

7. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Run it down a tree or two or better yet a Big rock

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah I second that....gives it character.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Run it down a tree or two

[/ QUOTE ] I've knocked down a few small trees with my 76 K5. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Does that count ??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Even ran over some ant hills. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

2 Words...

Chrome Shocks!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i dragged the side acorss the infamous "Rita Tree" and then ran right into Old Sluice, while trying to navigate Ken's Box at Dusy Ersim.

I'm all about having my truck being as aesthetically pleasing as possible. i even do body repair with a 4lb. sledge and a rattle can. good rates, PM me for details.

11. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

1.Krylon
    2.Rock rash
    3.Tree bites
    The ladies love that stuff /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

all of you forgot to tell him the importance of clear tail lights... maybe a super tall spoiler on the top? I know I know... a body kit!! get a "monster nose" maybe some neon underbody lights too... Wow, can't believe you guys missed all of that! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    all of you forgot to tell him the importance of clear tail lights... maybe a super tall spoiler on the top? I know I know... a body kit!! get a "monster nose" maybe some neon underbody lights too... Wow, can't believe you guys missed all of that! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Coffee can size FART MUFFLER(s) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

hey zakk, we should open up body shops. one in cal, on in mi. sounds like we have the same quality handy work. i only use the best engine enamel with pretty accurate hammer blows. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif