Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What tire/wheel combo for M1008

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rivermtnman, Jan 4, 2005.

1. rivermtnman

rivermtnman 1/2 ton status

I was getting ready to order a set of 34x10.5-16 LTB's on 16x8 wheels from FWPW today, and the salesman says if it was his truck he wouldn't put the LTB's on it. He said LTB's are for light vehicles jeeps, etc., and that I probably wouldnt get 20k out of them. I've had, and seen 33x12.50-15's TSL's last for 30k on several Blazers, and was hoping to get atleast 25k from the LTB's. I go to Interco's site and the TSL radials are the only ones they say are for jeeps and toyo's.

I'm trying to put the tallest tire I can, and nothing wider than 10.50's on an 8" rim. Now I'm wondering if money would be better spent on something like a BFG MT in a 255/85/16 and use my stock rims.

I've had both tires, BFG are alot quieter, wear better, but the swampers are better in the mud and cheaper.

Any suggestions? Are some other combo that works good on these M1008's without lifting? Not afraid to :hack: some if needed.

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

one of my friends had LTBs on his dodge ram 1500. i think he has about 15k on them and they still have quite a bit of tread left. they are probably good for 25 or 30k. i thought about some for my truck but they don't offer anything wide enough for the height i want.

3. jkce457

jkce457 1/2 ton status

I had them on my old truck(85' 3/4 ton) and they worked fine. Since they are bias ply, if you let them sit for a while they will start to get flat spotted, but they round out as soon as they warm up with a few miles of driving. I fit them before I put my lift on with slight trimming and no rubbing. I plowed with them and carried heavy laods with no problems. I'm not sure about the wear because I only had them for a few thousand miles. Over all, I would recommend them.

- Justin

4. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Are you sure you can fit 34" tires with no lift? Or were you planning some cutting too?

Off topic I know, just curious. If you get 'em, post some pics. :)

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I'm sure with a one ton stance and a little beating you can fit common 35's. Cut and you can go 38"

6. rivermtnman

rivermtnman 1/2 ton status

I've been giving a phone number to talk to someone at Interco, so I'm waiting on them to return my call. As soon as I find out and get ordered and installed, I'll post a pic.

Yes they have a different stance than a 1/2 ton. My M1008 is taller than dad's 1/2 ton. He has 31x10.50-15's, mine has 235/85/16's now.

I went back in my Four Wheel mags, and reread the 3 month build up of the M1008 they did. They put 37" Pro Comps under it with a 4" lift and no cutting, and I don't think that could be done with 1/2 ton or a blazer. I never paid attention to the fitment charts till I bought the M1008, but all the chart's I find are only for 1/2 and 3/4 ton, nothing about ton's.