Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to do about abs

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by 79k20350, Feb 7, 2006.

1. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

For you guys that have done SAS and axles swaps in these trucks what do you do about the ABS? if i just disconnect the sensors when the 14 bolt and 60 go in then wont it throw a code? that would mean i wont make it though emisson:( If i completly dissconnected the abs computer from the main computer would it still throw a code? What should i do guys?

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

btw its the 93 awal system (all wheel anti-lock)

3. chevyk2500hd

chevyk2500hd 1/2 ton status

With my lift on my truck the abs wires would not reach. I disconnected both and the abs light went off. Where it was on with only one abs sensor hooked up. Your truck should be the same. It will not throw any error codes and should pass emissions

4. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

cool just wanted to make sure.:D

5. Eastcoast 4WD

Eastcoast 4WD Registered Member

If you disconnect all the plugs from the ABS module the truck will think it never had it. A really clean way to eliminate it all together is to route the front brakeline down to a single flexline to the axle, then split it to the two calipers. You never have to worry about your brake lines getting ripped off because there is only one connectionn between the frame and axle and towards the cenetr of the truck. If you want to keep the ABS, you need sensors on the front, but as for the rear it only uses the tailshaft sensor to monitor rear lockup. There is no sensor or the rear axle in your chevy.