Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to do about IRAN

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hammermachine, Oct 9, 2006.

?

Iran what to do?

1. Bomb them and fight it out

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Let the UN and europe deal with it

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. Do some covert james bond ****

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Do nothing

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. hammermachine

hammermachine 1/2 ton status

What's the plan how do we deal with Iran. We can't start a war with them. That's what they want, and it would shut off the oil comming out of the gulf. It would lead to a another world war. So what do we do?:doah: :thinking: :usaflag: :usaflag:

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I say we support Israel like they support Hezbollah. Except with nukes.

3. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I say TSGB has got to go, permanentlike.

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Bomb the crap out of their nuclear capabilties. No ground troops, just lots of big big bombs. Then stand across the border in Iraq with a "so, what are you going to do about it" look on our faces. That would be humiliating for them.

5. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Let Israel handle it - but we support them in the shadows.

It would be a shame if there were "accidents" at their nuclear facilities...

6. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

There is no "tactical nuclear weapons" selection on this poll.

John

7. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

i think right now we should be more worried about korea they actually have working nukes iran does not yet

8. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I say let Iran's President Aack Mach Whatever beat his chest all he wants. The man's not going to have Nukes anytime soon, nor is he a popular or effective President of his country - t's a textbook example of political key jingling. Secure Iraq and we're close enough to kick the piss out of him at our leisure, if hiss own people don't remove him first. You attack them now, your helping him stay in power and advance his policies. As for N. Korea, let China and Japan deal with it for now. Anything N. Korea can detonate right now is too far away to bother us. The man can't feed his own people, but he's building nukes? Isolate him and cut off any humanitarian type aid and his "government" will end up collapsing sooner or later.

9. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Thats not a certainty by any means... even with their fake nuclear test this weekend... I'm not worried about them, everything made there is cr*p.... Let them arm our enemies, high quality ballistics they build there... :rolleyes:

In the end China will deal with them, with Japan pushing them...

Now Iran? Theres a country to worry about.... If something needs to be done, it wont be Israel, it'll be us...

We could certainly do a 3 month air campaign and shred them good... But for now, it's best not to stir the pot anymore in the Middle East until we have to...

10. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I think Iran would be a good place to grow mushrooms.
    As far as N Korea goes and their little fizzle of a nuke test. Blockade them let them starve.
    When China has to deal with 10 of millions of starving N korean refugees they will take away Kim Jong's little toys.

BTW this poll sucks. There is no "I'm nekid and have my finger on the button" option. So I didn't vote.

11. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

That may come sooner than we think. I was watching a special today about how the North Korean's are lined up at the northern border and trying every tactic to get into China. Apparently it is even worse than the southern U.S. border with Mexico. I think eventually even the military, the only ones that wack boy feeds, are going to bite the hand......

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

If We were to do some thing I would say the best way would be a tactical air campaign. If I were drawing up the plans it would go like this......
    1) Send in the stealthy sh!t and take out their communication and anti-aircraft sites.
    2) Knock out electrical and water supply's, carpet bomb all roads leading in and out of the country for at least 100 miles.
    3) Give them a 12 hour notice to stand down but lie about it and send in bombers loaded with M.O.A.B's and bomb the ever living fock out of their city's 1 hour after they were told that they had 12 hours to capitulate.
    4) Send planes back home never look back at a country that has just been sent back to the stone age and let Europe feed their sorry ass's........

13. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I forgot to add.. Its time to re-arm Japan. Unleash the Samauri .Japan could become a nucular power in a few months. They have the technology and the industrial capability to become a superpower in a very short time.
    A nucular Japan would shake China to their yellow roots and bring them to the table with hat in hand in short order. China fears a powerful Japan.

14. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

it would be quite easy to take out their nuke sites and use neutron weapons to take out revolutionary guard emplacements by their oil fields (near the gulf)... then swoop in with the heavy equipment (tanks etc) and seal off the oil producing portions/facilities of Iran. No need to occupy cities or try and take the entire nation. Create a "cross that invisible line and we kill you." type of DMZ area near the gulf... export the oil to the world market... build runways for our airpower etc.

At the same time, you link up with anti-terrorist / anti-religous fanatic forces inside Iran and use them to fight a war against the mullahs and their henchmen. Sort of like we did in Afghanistan... foriegn troops + US spec ops guys + heavy air power. Then ya let them die on the vine. No threat from road side bombs or any other stupid terrorist tactics... just carve out a iranian-free zone and kill anyone/thing that approaches it. Take away every means of attack the enemy has... weaken his economic base and turn his own (freedom loving!) people against them.

Alternatively, we could do nothing (aka let the UN and Europe try), and someday an Iranian built atomic bomb goes off in Tel Aviv or NYC.

j

15. hammermachine

hammermachine 1/2 ton status

sorry

BTW this poll sucks. There is no "I'm nekid and have my finger on the button" option. So I didn't vote.[/quote]

Sorry I didn't think about that one I was being too serious. I'm still new to this, next time.:doah: :haha: :haha:

16. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Iran: Not scared of at the moment. Mr. Amahdinijad can only talk big right now. Us attacking him is what he WANTS at the moment so he can then claim we're the bad guys. Us attacking Iran is also what Mr. bin Laden wants right now.

For North Korea, what we do for that is just set up a full, complete blockade of the country and wait. When those starving refugees finally break the border and start flooding into China, China will finally decide to take action and take away Kim Jong's stuff, that is if Kim Jong's own military hasn't rebelled against him by then because they're now starving too from the blockade.

17. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

regardless of what people "want"... its unquestionable that Iran is the #1 supporter of global terrorism. Are we at war with terrorists and their sponsors or not?

j

18. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

Spend more time and money on us and not the rest of the world. Keep our relationships tight with the countries that matter (UK,France,Germany,Russia,China,Japan,most of north and south America) and fu** the others. Invest more resources in finding/refining domestic fuels and products. Become a net exporter rather than importer. Increase security here in the US but don't bully the population while doing so. I think IF these things are done we would not have worry and fund most of these small retarded countries. Let them live in the stone age wishing they could be an American with all the rights and privlages. If another country can't feed it's population, fine, we made it through those times why can't they? They will figure out the only way to peace is to adopt our way of life (the people will demand it). They can suffer for all I care. Iran, North Korea cut them off, blockade there ports, no more international funding they will curl up and die. We are too powerfull to even bother putting down soldiers in those countries. We can win with economics alone.

19. runamok151

runamok151 1 ton status Premium Member

x2. that's why god invented MOAB. then to add insult to injury, make sure all the bomber pilots were women and make sure the iranians knew about it.

of course we wouldn't be having problems with them now if it weren't for BP whining about them not giving up their oil in the '50s and the u.s. and england overthrowing their democratic gov't to instal the shah, who got overthrown by they ayatollah