Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to do about the flip/fold back seat

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 79Guy, Aug 3, 2000.

1. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status

My seats need some serious upholstry work. I've read many of the posts about putting in seats from other vehicles.

If I do this, what are my options for the back seat? I'd really like it to look something like the fronts, but don't know of any that would match pretty close. It would be nice if I could find something that would still flip/n/fold.

Also, any luck with seat covers - the "custom" ones with the hog-rings to clip on. I think my seats are physically OK, it is just the covering that is shot.

Thanks Mucho,

'79 Guy
    1 Blazer - 7 Children

2. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

I've seen people put 2 more bucket seats in place of the back seat. of course, you will lose the flip/fold ability, but it looks pretty cool.

3. 79Cheyenne

79Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

The new LMC catolog had reupholstery kits with matching front and rear colors!

<font color=orange>1979 BLAZER Cheyenne[​IMG]

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Almost any factory material can be ordered from a good upholstrey shop to match whatever you need. If ya find some cool seats, just be sure to find out what they came out of and order some new material for the rear. Kinda pricey.......but what isn't these days.

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

5. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i have been toying with an idea.....get an upholstry shop to completely recushion the rear seat. so that the actual shape of the seat is different. then get them to do a custom upholstry job in whatever material you like. i dont know how this would turn out, but i have been thinking about it.

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

6. scrapper

scrapper Registered Member

I just sent my seat out and am having them recovered.The seats in my 85 were constructed of different types of material.The sides and back were vinyl,the headrests were velour and the seating surface is a different cloth material.The seating surface material was shot,so the trim shop is replacing just that material,as the rest is fine.They were able to order some material that will match the factory cloth.They should be done next week,they should look great.