Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what to do i need help deciding

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TC4x4, Dec 4, 2006.

1. TC4x4

TC4x4 1/2 ton status

Well there is a 1984 pickup with 1 ton axles for sale which are in good shape and a 4 inch lift but the engin is shot so i would have to put a new one in and i can get it for 1200 and th ebody is in good shape i have a 84 k5 blazer andcould sell it for at lease 4 or 5 grand and then buy this truck bec i can't afford both and my k5 have half tone axles and 35/12/12.50 tires the truck has smae tires but with aftermarket wheels that are good and the tiresa are wider which look sweet. my k5 is in pretty good shape and its in storage right now because ive been so busy, this truck could be a new winter project, so what do all you guys think that i should do,

2. Txchevy18

Txchevy18 1/2 ton status

Go and get small loan to cover the truck. Buy It swap the 1tons and wheel tire combo under your k5. Put the stuff from the k5 back under the truck and re sell it to pay off the loan. You get the added room of a k5 and the reomveable top plus 1 tons and new tires and rims. Not to metion you know your k5's history and the mantinace that has been done . The truck may have had poor mantinace and may end costing you more than you could ever imagine to get it running. Btw I bought a k20 after I sold my k5... Truck was fun but I missed the k5 for the added room to haul all the girls around. FYI I just picked up another k5 but this time it has 1 tons :).