Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what to do i need help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Sep 29, 2005.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

i have a 85 k5 d60 14b sm465 205 4" no engine no interior.
    also have a 77 gmc k35 all body work done no rust needs paint d44 14b th350 np203(part time kit) 4" daily driver i dont have the money to build both and as much as i miss my k5 i been thinking of swapping drivetrains and building the k35 and possibly selling the k5 what do you guys think i should do

P.S. the 77 is in alot better shape but wouldnt be abused if it was built
    the k5 is in good shape with only minor rust

balzer

2. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

depends on its use

a longer wheelbase is better in the mud and the short 1 is easirer to manufer

3. 350k5

350k5 1/2 ton status

I really just like the K5. I want a truck at one point but I woudln't get rid of my K5 for one. To me if you want a DD the K5 is the way to go simply becasue of the extra passenger seats in the back. That was a main interstet point when I was looking for a 4x4 a few years back. (I had a 99 Ford 2WD Regular Cap and I really wanted a 4x4 with more space for people). Just depends on what you want but I really like the seats in the back for carrying people around plus you can't beat the removable hardtop. :bow:

4. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

It sounds like you are leaning more towards the pickup.. I think they are both good trucks so in the end it will come down to a personal decision..

5. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

depends if u want to bring lots of friends wheeling... or not many friends? personally mines a DD/wheeler so i like the back seats..