Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to do, need advice

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wayne, Mar 20, 2002.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Here is the deal. When I did the lift and axle swap I sold the origional wheels and tires to a local guy. I sold them to him in late Sept. and he came over and gave me a $100 deposit but did not pick the wheels up. He did not get a receipt or anything just dropped off the money with Donna. Well here we are in mid March and he never paid the balance and I still have the wheels. I have tried to contact him many times and left messages for him with no responce. The last time I talked to him was around Thanksgiving and since then nothing. I am getting tired of calling every couple weeks and no responce. This is not a money issue but it would be nice to have, all I want is to get them out of my way. What should I do????

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

If you have his address, send him a registered letter that states that if he does not come pick them by a certain date, you will consider his $100 forfeited and you will sell the tires to someone else. I had a similar situation awhile back. I talked to an attorney I knew and that is what he told me to do. If you don't have his address, you can post an add stating the same thing in at least 3 local papers under the public notice adds, and you are covered as well. Just so you know, more than 3 months is considered legal abandonment. Hope this helps.

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Well I don't have his address and I am not going to waste my money putting an ad in the paper. Only info I have on him is his first name and a phone #.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'd sell them if you can'y get ahold of him but I'd keep out a 100 and put it in your piggybank, so if he comes back you can give him his cash back, who knows the guy could have left your house and got hit by a truck and in a coma somewhere.../forums/images/icons/wink.gif Or jail in which case you may want to return the cash so he dosent go back to jail and you don't wind up in a coma...LOL/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. StonerK5

StonerK5 1/2 ton status

FUNNY!!!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Yeah, I would save the $100 and sell the wheels. Put the $100 in a cashiers check/money order, something that won't expire too soon, so you will not be tempted to spend it. If the guy comes back give him his deposit and show him the door.

Chris

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

use the power of the internet to find his address. Good grief, you have his name and phone.... it wont be that hard to find his addy.

J