Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to do now?!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by visakson, Sep 2, 2002.

1. visakson

visakson Newbie

Ok, so I have a decent foundation for my Blazer. New 300hp 350cu, pro-built turbo 350, and new 373 gears in Dana 44 and 12bolt axles. Now I am looking to buy a lift and the various accesories that go with the project. I am looking for advice as to what to buy. It will see probably 80%+ highway use to work, about 18% off-road and 2%towing. I would call myself more of a crawler than anything. I Love mud pits like anyone, but I am more of a slow driver than anything. I would love to run 35" tires and a 4" lift. I am leaning toward Offroad Design's shackle flip and Tuff Country susp. Anyone run this setup? Am I better buying all four springs and no shackle flip? What about steering box brace? Is there anything else I will need like perhaps new steering arm, brake lines, shock towers, etc??? Bascally I am looking for the least expensive, best ride and least amount of hassle system. Any help I can get is VERY MUCH Appreciated!!!!

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

It sounds like you have a great game plan right now! I would stick with 33's with a 4" lift. It can hace a tendency to rub a little. I have a homemade shackle flip on my blazer. I dunno how towing is affected by the shackle flip. Grim Reaper can give you a heads up in that dept. Other than that a traction device in the back would be a definate plus, LockRight, Detroit, Auburn..... so on so forth. I didn't your profile.... where are you from?