Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to do on my K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sosamantx, Aug 14, 2000.

1. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

Alright this may seem like a stupid question. Anyway, I bought a full size Blazer for $800 back in Dec. 99. What I need to know, is there anything different that I have to service or inspect, are there any manuals that you guys recommend? I have always owned cars and I am not sure about the 4WD stuff, I don't even know how to engage the 4wd on this vehicle, although it is not driveable yet. I do plan on keeping the Blazer it has P/W, P/L/ A/C, 4WD, 700R transmission, and I even got the stereo (Blaupant?), I think that is a 305 though, I will find out when I pull the heads. I got it so cheap because I think it has a blown headgasket. I have already had one guy offer me $1600 as is and he hasn't even seen it. Thanks, any help would be appreciated. - Steve

Steve Sosa a.k.a. "sosaman"
    http://sosaman.home.texas.net/carpics.html

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Man that looks like a nice buy for only $800! If you get me the number off the back drivers side of the block where the lips that mates ot the Tranny i can tell you what the engine is. E-mail me the numbers if you like.

The Blazer looks good!!!! Looks like a steal for $800, what part of the country are you in?

Mike [​IMG]
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

Wow, $800 for that clean of a rig! That`s a steal even with the bad head gasket. Seems to me that you can put a least another $2000 into her and not loose a penney on the resale. You may even make a few bucks.

4. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Man what a steal . Was the guy blind or just desperate .I would start with the engine . Check the oil and water to see if there are signs of water in the oil and antifreeze in the oil . Then start it up and see if you get any white smoke . If you don't see any white smoke let it idle and watch the temperture . If it gets hot fast it could be a head gasket . The next thing is REPLACE THOSE AUTOMATIC HUBS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

very nice deal, i just bought one for about $550, nowhere near as clean actually mine looks like it through hell and back (i bought for the hardware)..but the A/c still blows cold!!!!
    anyway, after the motor, i would make sure all the brakes, steering and suspension stuff is looking good so it is safe. then install a tranny cooler. Haynes and chilton make good manuals for repairs and service, then get a shop manual for all other stuff.
    after all that, get a lift, bigger tires and burn, baby , burn!!!!!!
    are you anyway related to Sosa, the druglord in scarface....just kidding!

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

6. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

Real nice rig for $800.00 dude!!

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home