Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to do to convert 24 to 12 volt...

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by thatK30guy, Feb 24, 2002.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

...and diesel to gas motor.

I got an M1008, 5/4 ex-military truck coming soon and want to swap out all that stuff to make it like the civilian trucks.

I have never messed with the 24 volt systems. What do I do here?

I have done some diesel to gas conversions, but lets hear some more info from the TRUE diesel guys on this forum.

Anybody need parts from a 6.2L that I'm taking out of this truck? It don't run as far as I know. I will post info about the motor when the truck gets here.

<font color=red>Only real men drive K30's!!!</font color=red> [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

2. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave 1/2 ton status

Search for Roscoe Common Equipment they have very detailed instructions for 3 different converstions. It's what I used.

They call me Dirty Dave because thats the way I fight. At my age I cant afford to fight fair

It's just mud how deep can it be?

3. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

4. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Don't tell K30 'nothin. He's a GAS burnin' SPY!, infilterating the sanctity of the Diesel Forum. Stay away from him brothers, he speaks ill of our beloved motor. Irreverant of our compression combustion ways, he seeks only convert the weak and defile virgin iron with his swappin' vises.

BEWARE BROTHERS, BEWARE!

Real trucks don't have spark plugs!

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[​IMG] ROTFLMFAO!!! [​IMG]

Man, Dan, you crack me up!! [​IMG]

I don't have anything against the 6.2 or any diesel motor. Matter of fact, I would love to have an M1008 with a RUNNING 6.2 to use as a tow and work truck.
    This truck I'm getting is going to be only a play truck, nothing else. So, you kind of understand the need for the horsepower and torque here. [​IMG]

Now if I was to keep a 6.2, I would employ that motor to do my "dirty" work. I know the diesels are good motors, too. I like them for the torque and the mileage.

But for this truck I'm getting, I need the gas motor for my requirements. Just my past experience and what I "need" to fulfill the need for power. [​IMG]

Don't dispare, I will eventually find me a good running 6.2 K30 someday and join this forum to chat with you guys. [​IMG] [​IMG]

<font color=red>Only real men drive K30's!!!</font color=red> [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>