Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to do when your regular supplier of Beaver Oil gets a "bad" batch...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PhoenixZorn, Mar 23, 2006.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

In honor of the other Beaver Oil threads on the boards, I decided to post a sort of FAQ on what to do if your Beaver Oil supplier - who normally supplies wonderful oil - suddenly supplies you with a sample that is not quite "right." Feel free to add other ways to fix the bad Oil in case I miss any...

1 - Under no circumstances should you ever mix vinegar and water - with or without perfumes - to your Beaver Oil producer. This has been known to dry out the Oil producing glands and actually makes the leftover Oil even LESS fresh. Instead, politely ask the Beaver Oil production factory to only add water and a mild, unscented base solution which will lower the pH slightly and take away some of the "ripeness" of the not so fresh Beaver Oil.

2 - If you are already sampling the Beaver Oil on a particular trip to the factory, please don't inform the shift foreperson of the low quality product while you are still in the factory. Instead, finish what you started, and politely refer back to rule number 1 by way of assisting the Beaver Oil Factory in a thorough cleanup of any components of the finished product that might be past their "Sell By Date".

3 - Always ensure the testing equipment is clean, as it has been found that dirty or unsanitary test equipment can often be the cause of a sub-par product. It only takes one dip of a dirty test rod to spoil and entire batch of Beaver oil for a month or more. Again, the water and mild, unscented base solution is always the best idea. Perfumes and excess oils just get in the way.

I hope everyone can understand these "tips" and I hope someone comes up with some more fun ways of improving the Beaver Oil.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way related to tonights activities within the Beaver Oil Factory... in fact tonight held quite a pleasant trip to the Factory indeed. Any resemblance to real persons places or things are purely coincidental. =)

2. gauder

gauder Banned

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

YAY!!!! Beaver oil discussions are back!!!! :woot:

Thanks for taking that time to share that valuable information with us, brother. Does anyone have anything else to offer?

4. gauder

gauder Banned

Some "factories" have been known to errupt like a geyser or volcano, and spew forth their beaver oil. That's how you know you've done an extra thorough inspection.

They are quite rare though, akin to hitting oil while digging in your backyard. I have never personally seen an errupting factory in person, but have in the movies. These movies were for educational purposes only.

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

Beaver Oil test rod covers can make some factories less productive. that makes for a somewhat unenjoyable visit to the factory.

there's a company that makes a lubricant similar to Beaver Oil, and in extreme cases it can be substituted. this company, i believe is known as "Kentucky". i dunno, i may be wrong there though

6. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

haha, this ones gonna be good.... :haha:

Also, a well manicured lawn at said factories has been known to increase production of the facility... :wink1:

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

that's funny right there! :haha: :bow:

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i've seen a couple factories that actually over produced the needed amount of oil, and ended up storing some on the lawn and other surrounding landscape.

9. gauder

gauder Banned

Some factories have been known to have barbells and rings for their employees. Said articles are said to make the employees happy, and therefore increase production of said oil.

10. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i have been a part of one such factory, and it was good

11. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

also i have partaken in a factory in japan that had the natural odor of vanilla
    very nice
    spent alot of time in that factory

12. gauder

gauder Banned

Some factories are quite dangerous and just outside the doors has been known to be covered with graffiti. It is not recommended to visit these factories as they have been known to have a faulty product. If one must visit one of these factories, it is suggested that body armour be worn until the product has received its QS9000 certification.

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

are you referring to permanent grafitti? if so, that doesnt necessarily make the factory a bad factory.

14. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

always remember, if not able to use a testing rod cover, in an unknown factory ... its best to remember to not introduce foreign fluids. always have fluids cleared on the lawn, or on the hills either behind or above the factory.

15. gauder

gauder Banned

True, but if the permanent grafitti was located at the very edge of the gates, I would tend to be a little skeptical of that factory's quality and would push for QS9000 certification as soon as possible.

16. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

there's always the foreign fluid receptacle located just past the upper hills...

17. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

We need some imput via conference call from our resident female factory owners on this one.. :wink1:

Aftermarket tools have been known to increase production but must be properly sterilized prior to ensure no cross contamination... Said tools, if electrically powered, must meet national safety code and be properly insulated to protect employees.

18. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

ahahahahahahah

19. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

correct, however discharging into the area without the express concent of the owner of the factory, has been known to eliminate the chance of repeat inspections of the facitity and its grounds.

20. gauder

gauder Banned

Best Thread Ever!