Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what to do with 92 cutlass supreme sl that just needs heads swapped

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by R72K5, Sep 29, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i have a really nice 92 olds cutlass supreme SL
    - extra sport package
    -factory oldsmobile 16" mags
    -factory wheel locks
    -sport exterior and GFX package stuff
    -some other goodies i cant rememer right now-

the 3.1L heads need swapped, thats only 100 bucks cost to repair currently cuz thats all a pair of good heads for it cost at the yards around here
    the just gotta get the needed top end gasket set that napa has-

but i just dont have the time or money or patience for this one right now and ive got 600 in the car altogether so far, it ran perfect like new til the timing chain broke recently and i already have new timing set for it here and have removed the broken one but the valves are bent, i dont know what to do with the car, it would be super nice car again with head swap in which i started to do but have no time to finish,
    what would you do ?
    im torn.... i dont really want or need a car, i need a truck, but the car is nice for a 92 so relaly would be a shame to take to the shredder, but its only 40 miles way to shred it, and we are in scrapping mood around here lately we are hauling them in, so ahhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!

what to do ?

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

It sounds like a decent car man. For only 100 bucks Id keep it and get around to fixing it whenever you can.

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

4x4 chassis! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Sounds way too nice to shred! I'd say keep it and my vote is for 4x4 chassis as stated above.

My only other suggestion is Northstar swap. Not cheap, but you'd have a sweet ride for the investment.

Paul