Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to do with a 68 C10??

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dleroy43, Jun 6, 2005.

1. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hello 1st gens
    I found out my dad still has my 68 2wd long bed. It has an old 305, 3 on the tree, all drum brakes and no power anything. It still drives but needs help to get back sometimes :confused: I have my burb as my primary $$ spender so I dont have too much time/$ to spend on this but will spend some as long as its not for a lost couse. I am going to school in aug so I would like something cheaper to drive than my burb.

So I am asking you 1st gen owners what would be easy drivibilty swaps or should I just sell it and buy an s10 for a dd.

Thanks

2. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Do the math. No matter what you do to the 68, gas mileage won't be too good. Bottom line-do you want to keep and drive the 68 and pay for the gas? Unless it is really clean, I would sell it and find something else for a commuter-you have the Burb for a project/toy. Its really all about finances-I am going thru a similar dilemma.