Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to do with a free truck?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by buckmtn, Apr 29, 2007.

1. buckmtn

buckmtn 1/2 ton status

I have been asked if I want for free a early 1960's three quarter ton 2wd ford pickup. I went and looked at it today and it is not really in to bad of shape. Everything is there except a tailgate. The glass is good the interior doesn't look to bad V8 motor, the inside of the bed is beat up some. The body doesn't have many dents. Some rust but not terrible. I don't know what I would do with it. Is it worth taking and sell for a couple hundred dollars or is it not worth fooling with. Don't know if it runs its been sitting a while. Opinions?

2. Xtremegmc80

Xtremegmc80 1/2 ton status Premium Member

take it and ship it here!:D j/k... if its free take it.. rebuild it if u want. or part it out and sell it.. or scrap it. up to you!

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

if it is not too far gone, then I am sure some ford guy would go for it, people are into all sorta crazy things :D

get it running and drag it to a swap meet you will make a buck or two on it.

or if you need a tow rig, doesent sound like it would take much to get it on the road.