Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what to do with Rust-oleum

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rix_Gotta_Blazer, Dec 13, 2001.

1. Rix_Gotta_Blazer

Rix_Gotta_Blazer 1/2 ton status

just yesterday i went into a store called "Quality Farm and Country". apparently they are going out of business. while browsing around in there i came accross some Quart sized containers of Navy Blue Rust-Oleum. they were like $2.00 perquart. i thouhgt this was a great bargain. i have heard so many good things about it. can anyone give me some info/uses for this paint? what can i use it for? i bought a gallon of it (4quarts). any ideas. it was just a deal that i couldnt pass up. thanx.

2. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

i used high temp rustoleum to repaint my engine bay. basically put it anywhere you dont want to rust. its supposed to be a decent rust preventer better than just regular paint anyway

Rusting away in VA
    Hey it almost runs!

3. Rix_Gotta_Blazer

Rix_Gotta_Blazer 1/2 ton status

do you think it woudl be good to paint the floor boards and the interior with it?

4. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

i dont think it would be to bad but i think it works best on bare metal not 100% sure. but i think im actually gonna do mine with por-15 it wont hurt to do your interior in it though an extra coat of paint is alway better to keep moisture out

Rusting away in VA
    Hey it almost runs!

5. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I painted my whole Suburban with Rist-o-leum gloss white. Turned out pretty good for $100 of paint.

Ken H.

'86 K5 up and coming
    14 bolt(Detroited),10 bolt,39.5 Boggers rear,
    TSLs front, 468 BBC, 350 trans, 205 transfer
    Rust free in Michigan!

6. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

If you can get it for really cheap, or if you have some leftover cans, you can line them up and shoot them. They take off like a rocket when shot with say a .22cal. Just a suggestion.

If you kiss your honey, and her nose is runny
    you may think it's funny, but itsnot