Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to do with snow!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 87BrnRsd, Feb 12, 2006.

1. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

The things you see in college are really funny. We got about 7-8" of snow this weekend, so today a bunch of people from my hall on my dorm decided to make something with the snow in the field in front of the dorms. I was sick so I only helped minimally (but i did do the mailbox).....heres pics.
    -Harrison

DSCN0380.JPG

DSCN0382.JPG

DSCN0377.JPG

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

did i mention i hate snow? but that is cool. thats why i dont like snow, to damn cold.
    Grant

3. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    You should come out here. You could build some cool stuff as we have had
    around 245" this year. That's over 20 ft. of snow so far.

4. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

my neighbor's live in one of those :D

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Blizzard here!..

We got between 10 and 20 inches here today,not many spots level enough to measure,it drifted 3 or 4 feet deep in places ,due to high winds and powdery dry snow..looks like desert sand dunes here now,only white!..cant build any snowmen or snowballs with this snow!..

It plowed pretty easy,I think it was a "marginal" blizzard compared to the ferocity of others I've been thru here ...they hyped it on TV,even though the snow IS deep,its not the hard stuff to plow or shovel,and it'll melt fairly quick this time of year..we have a few mild sunny days predicted this week,then rain this friday,so I bet it will be gone soon enough..

One of the neatest things made of snow I saw was a lighthouse, about 10' high,and 6 feet in diameter at the base,and 2 feet at the top--complete with stained glass windows, and a lit candle inside!..a lady down the street made it after a storm,and it lasted almost 2 months one year!--she makes one every time she can every year,to see how long it takes to melt away!...her husband hooked up a car battery and a 194 bulb so she would not be out in subzero weather trying to light a candle,only to have it blow out once she got back inside!..it looked really cool!..

One family where I used to live made an igloo when I was about 8-10 years old..but they made it look like a giant fish instead of the usual shape!..the father put chicken wire on the inside of it,and sprayed it with a garden hose,it froze between the layers of ice,and helped make it stronger,like re-bar in concrete!..he'd make the walls 8" thick,and sprayed the outside too,to make all the "bricks" one..

It lasted a long time,even when it was mild for a few days,and sunny..it was under a pine grove,and it stayed cool and sheltered there..I recall playing in it once--the floor was pine needles 3" deep--actually the forest floor!

I froze my butt off in there,despite what they say about igloo's being warm and cozy inside (cant prove it by me!)..it did feel better than being outside in the wind,but not by much..looked pretty cool,it got a lot of stares!..my parents didn't want me or my siblings playing in it,they feared it would cave in on us!..:rolleyes: ..