Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to do with suspension

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TXsizeK5, Oct 9, 2002.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Well, its time to get new shocks. I was thinking... maybe i should just get a 4" kit with springs all the way and "downgrade" from my 6 since its all ghetto rigged anyway (addaleaf, stacked blocks /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif !!! i bought it like that) Or get new shocks and a 6in springs... but i hear the ride will be really rough. I could always go with Borrego's Shackle flip which is just about 6". What do you guys think. I really dont wanna do ORD flip with 2" springs... too expensive.

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Oh yea, also... if i went down to four, would i still have to replace my current steering arm or brake lines or anyhting like that? or just take out current springs and shocks and throw in new springs and shocks? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Can you run 35's on brand new 4" springs without rub or do you need to trim? Thanks

3. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Stay with the six, but redo it right. I'm not sure on your steering because I don't know what you have and what it looks like now. Just buy front and rear springs and call it a day. As for the rough ride, it will probably ride better with the new springs (once they break in) than with the old Gdawg lift anyhow.

4. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

just get 6 inch springs. doode they can't be any rougher than what yer set up is right now right????? that thing is rough. stay with 6 inches. just get 6" shocks. get rid of all those shocks tho. ya don't need as many as the ones you have. lol. u have what 11? later.

jacob

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I'd do Borrego's flip in the rear with some 57s, and some EZ rides in the front. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Whats the Borrego's flip? Like ORD?

7. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

Look here for info. Also might try doing a search for it. There has been a lot of talk on here about them.

8. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

OH, see I'm fairly new to the site and when people use other peoples names I don't relate that to the parts. Now in stead of saying Borrego, I would have known Echobit. just like someone post for jeese's driveshafts, meaning highangle driveline... I didn't know him but I know the site. Thanks for the update! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Jeremiah

9. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

Doetsch shocks....doesnt matter what you do with the rest of the suspension but pick up some doetsch 8407's from summit...35 bucks a peice and waay huge.

Ryan

10. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

hey derek do u want to do rocks at all ever?? if ya do then do what shaggy said. thats what i wanna do. i want the flex cuss i'm startin to get away from mud now. lol. tired of cleanin crap up. i want flex and that seems awesome flex. but ya like mud so i suggested the 6" springs. well whatever ya do make it right. not ghetto like ya have now. lol. later.

jacob

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

6" , defently 6" !!!! Might wanta go shackle flip, or all spring. Your truck, your choice, but defently 6" !!!!!!

12. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Alright, thanks for all the info... i don't think there are ever any rocks here or anywhere close by... hehe... torkdsr, what do you mean by "35 bucks a peice and waay huge."

13. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

hey derek i think he means that they are 35 bux a shock and they have a long travel. i think thats what he means. later.

jacob