Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to do with vacum lines once new K&N is on?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76_Cheyenne, Jan 28, 2003.

1. 76_Cheyenne

76_Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

I just ordered a new K&n 14" X 4" AIR CLEANER assembly. I know are two vacum lines that run into the stock air cleaner that connect back to the carb. Is it ok to just remove them and plug the hole? Where it enters the cleaner it has AC stamped on it. and the other vacum line just to a gold metal cicle thing on the top of the cleaner and it has therma AC, or something like that stamped on it. But I got no Air Conditoning? Are those important? Also do i need to get the vent assembly to re- attach the crackcase vent to the new air cleaner? Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> For the vaccuum lines you can just plug the ports on the carb. You can just get an open element breather for the valve cover rather than routing it into the air cleaner.</font color>

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

AC is AC Delco...you can probably get away with plugging them

4. 76_Cheyenne

76_Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

ok, thanks for the advice. I ordered the vent kit over an open breather to eliminate the threat of mud/ water coming in through the breather. What does the AC Delco vacum do? if its not important why is it there?

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> It's a valve in the neck of the stock housing that diverts the air intake to the tube that comes off of the intake manifold so the engine gets warm air while it's warming up. </font color>