Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what to do

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tecton, Mar 19, 2004.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

ok
    my best friend has been fixing computers for people for a few months now

and he would call me on the phone every now and then asking me how to fix them, cause i know alot more than he does and i would gladly help my friend out.

well, he is still doing it, but he is making money off of it now. Not giving me any. What should i do? Stop helping him?

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

There are forums for techies who repair computers and other elctronic things. Tell him to search one out and to stop coming to you for advice unless he is willing to start paying you for support by the minute.

I used to charge $25 for telephone tech support under 15 minutes. This was on copiers, printers and fax machines. If it sounded like the problem was going to go over 15 minutes I would just schedule a service call... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Tell him to give you a cut out of the deal.

If he wants to make money fixing up computers, good for him. He can learn how to do it just like the rest of us .... by breaking a few. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I'll help anyone fix their family computer and I usually only charge a beer or coffee. But if someone is fixing a computer for someone else and they are getting paid for it then the only way I would do any work on it would be as a paid consultant. $10 - $50 - $100 it depends on what needs to get done.

Just don't do it for free, your "friend" is taking advantage of you.