Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what to do?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thezentree, May 24, 2004.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Sep 19, 2003
    yea, i realize this isnt specific tech, but its 'wheelin related...

got me a problem. Im gonna have somethin like $2000 by mid summer to play with, and ive been considerin lifting my yukon. some of you may know i was gonna go SAS, but thats too expensive and basically impractical for a daily driver. so i was thinking maybe a 6.5" cepek lift and 34s or 35s.

BUT, i want something i can beat the living snot out of, maybe break, and still have something to drive to and from school. a friend of a friend has a running jeep (i know, i know, but its cheaper than a stock K5 and already lifted) for like $1200. its got 33s on it now. yall know i'd go for a K5 if i found one in that condition for the same price, but right now, that looks like the cheapest second vehicle.

so, heres my problem:

im going off to college in august, and im only gonna be able to take one vehicle. a yukon with an IFS lift would be cool, and be wheelable on mild trails, but its really not anything i can TRULY wheel. that jeep would be a good starting point for a fun trail rig, and as is is gonna be fun. but if i get the jeep, i wont ever be able to drive it, because it'd be 4 hours away at my parents house.

what to do?!
  2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

May 30, 2001
    Whatever you do, I wouldn't waste your money on an IFS lift. It will not really net any increase in off road performance, just destroy your pocket book.

I'd save the money and buy something else later.