Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what to do?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mudslinger97116, Jun 26, 2004.

1. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

ok,my cage is all but done and i don't plan on putting the top back on so i was thinking about cutting the soft top that the guy through in when i bought it down to a bikini top.i dont have any snaps drilled into the body nor do i want any.i do have a extra hard top i could cut for the front chanel (or a half top) then i think i could just strap down the back.or should i sell the soft top and start fresh? i live in oregon so when i go to work it might be sunny and by the time i get off it might be raining and i can't see myself tarping it like a co-worker does his heep.any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I am interested in both your hard top and soft top. I have a soft top that is in pretty good shape for all but the back where it is starting to tear by the back flap. I also have a hard top that doesn't have a rear lift gate that might work well if you are ridding them of the back halves. Are your tops in good condition? Let me know. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. mudslinger97116

my hard top is a pos.the po thought a sunroof would be cool /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gifso it leeks even with what looks to be a gallon of gasket sealer around it. i bought a new top last year for it(thanks k2k5).i have been looking for ya and i found 1 on a detor a couple of miles from my house i have'nt seen anyone home yet to stop and check it out yet maybe i'll drive by there later.i have never even unfolded the soft top all the way it appears to be in good shape though.maybe a 6-pack of corona and your top for it /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Unfold it all the way and tell me what you think (can you see out the windows?). If it is in good shape maybe I could bring a 12 pack and we could both have 6. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. mudslinger97116

ok tomarrow is work on blazer day so i'll start with that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

erggggg, I'll buy you a case of modelo and swap tops for a good soft top but I"m a little far.....ergggg

7. mudslinger97116

ok took it out today and got some piks even one of the sunroof /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifthere is a small tear on the top pass. corner maybe 2 inches 3 ways,2 places where red paint got it maybe 2inches long and as wide as a magic markers ink,and a little bit of rust on the drivers side but it should come off .all the windows look good just dusty.all snaps are there and in good shape the rear window zips easily.i talked to the guy i bought the truck from and it had been sitting in his shop for 3years before i bought the truck i have no other hardware for the top thats part of the reason to get rid of it.check my webshots for piks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. mudslinger97116

i think the beer might get warm and i said corona mmmm...beer... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Yeah, my top doesn't zip in the back...
    Did you fab that cage up yourself? I'm guessing you did based on the pic. Where is that front crossbar going to cross by the dash? Above the dash level or below?

10. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i think the beer might get warm and i said corona

[/ QUOTE ]

modelo is a whole lot better mexican beer than corona, that stuff is water compared.

11. mudslinger97116

that cage is the one that i bought at the swap meet.i had to redo alot of the bars to fit a little better and added a couple for extra strength.plus add the seat part. it's allmost ready for final welds and clean up.the cross bar is just in front of the dash. it is level i'll add a pik of it and my new tires and wheels today.

12. mudslinger97116

after my stock runs out maybe i'll try it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I checked my top and it is missing a couple of snaps.

14. mudslinger97116

it's yours if ya want it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.giflet me know so i don't cut it up this weekend it sounds like you might need a newer top. i don't need any snaps for what i'm planning on doing.

15. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

It looks like it would work with my system. I am sure it is the same top. Could you count the number of snaps that run along the back flap? Mine has 9. If yours has the same number I can run my top and some Corona out to your place sometime in the next 2 days if you are going to be home. I am going to be out in Helvetia area picking up my axles again and I could swing out to Gales Creek while I am out that direction. I will be at work until about 5-6 today, but you can call me and leave me a message if you want and I can call you back. I will PM you with my number. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

16. mudslinger97116

it's a best top,has 9 snaps on the rear window.i'll be gone on thursday but i should be home on friday thru monday i'll pm ya my numbers also /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I'll be around tomorrow evening and Thursday early evening, but will be gone Thursday night through Monday. I could drop by either tomorrow afternoon/evening or Thursday afternoon-ish. Let me know if either of these work for you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. mudslinger97116

i'll be home after 6 tonight,i'll call you when i'm heading home. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I'll try to plan my day to be driving out west at 6 then. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

20. mudslinger97116

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif