Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to do??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekquistk5, Sep 26, 2004.

1. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Ok, so im really trying to deside what to do. Ive been axle hunting and it looks like i can get a 14bff for arround 200 bucks that is in decent condition and has 4:10s. I cant seem to find a D60 anywhere with in an hour of my place, well atleast none without a 500 dollar price tag. Right now i do not have anywhere that about of money, not to mention the cost to buy new rims. I can get ahold of a 14bsf six lug for arround 50 bucks. Is there anyway to cross over a 10blt, i would like more flex? I do not plan on going to any bigger then 35s for now. Or atleast not till the ones i have are worn to crap.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Is there anyway to cross over a 10blt, i would like more flex? I do not plan on going to any bigger then 35s for now. Or atleast not till the ones i have are worn to crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just use a flattop D44 knuckle . They will fit a 10 bolt . For that matter I know someone who used D44 Jeep knuckle on his 10 bolt ( hossbaby50 ) . There is a crossover write up here http://coloradok5.com/crossoversteering.shtml

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

$500 is a damn good price for a D60. They routinely run $1000 and up here in AZ.

Like mentioned you can do crossover on a 10 bolt if you use a D44 knuckle off a Chevy, Jeep, maybe Ford. If you want low steer crossover then you need BOTH knuckles off the same application. Otherwise the tierods holes will be wrong most likely. The D44 flattops mount from the top and the 10 bolts from the bottom.

If you want hysteer you can run your 10 bolt knuckle with a D44 knuckle on the passenger side.

Harley