Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what to do?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by patrick mintun, Jan 2, 2005.

1. patrick mintun

patrick mintun Newbie

I have a 78 K5 454 TH350,205,14BFFdetroit locker,D44tracloc,6'' lift,35X14.50 Micky Thompson Claws nice truck but body is getting pretty bad from lots of trail use and hard core wheeling. I bought a 77 with a bad motor. but it also has cancer. so I found a 93 K5 that is very clean rust free body.
    GOAL:93 body all my 78s running gear with the FI from the 93 on my big block.
    Should I use the 78 frame and make body mounts or 93 frame and hang the strait axel and transfercase mounts? has any one tryed to put a later body on one of our frames?

2. 78blazaer

78blazaer Registered Member

78 frame is weak. I know I got one.

3. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

Dont know where you got a 93 K5 but ill go with it. This is a bit different cuz i have a pickup. My frame claims to be a 1977 and the body is an 84, the PO hacked the rear cab mount so i have to figure out a cleaner way to get the bolt through. The bed is really close to the cab now so im probably going to have to drill into the frame so i can move it back. Right now im thinking im going to replace the front cab supports and move them accordingly. So i really would try to stay away from this swap becuase its gonna be not to make it a hack job. I beleive 1980 is when they changed the body mounts, not sure tho.

Later

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

93 K5? nice find those are rare:D