Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to do??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Citizen Rider, May 5, 2006.

1. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

I bent my stock tie rod on the front of my 10b on a rock. Its not a horrible bend imo.

Would it be best to bend it back(please give me the best wat to do so) or adjust it to where the tires need to be and just leave it with the small bend????:confused:

2. Masiony

Masiony 1/2 ton status

once it has been bent, its strength is gone. you can try and bend it back, but that will most likely just fatigue it. your better off getting a new one.

3. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

C'mon now justin. BEnd it back to where it looks like it needs to be. Make a couple quick measurements and see if you need more adjusting/bending. I bent my tie rod probably 20 times and always bent it right back to close enough.

4. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I don't know... it's one thing to trail fix it for the trip "out" or home, but to keep running it sounds like trouble waiting to happen. I'm sure it probably could be ran like that. But, in a recreation like this, where strength is the ultimate factor, why would you want too, if you're capable of affording another?

I guess I'm just saying: knowing myself, it would bug me that it was weaker, or just plain out of whack, and I'd get another.

5. Citizen Rider

Funds, hah, tranny shop has takin most of it, insurance hits my account next week.......

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I hear that. My best advice would be to swap it when you can. Until then it may be ok. I would offer my stock TR for just the shipping, but it's still curently under the K5 until I finish up getting my parts. :doah:

7. Citizen Rider

I bent a large pry bar trying to get it bent straight, so i left it where it was and just adjusted it so it wouldnt eat my tires takin it back to the tranny shop tonight and ill pull it, bend it, and sleeve it mid week.

8. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I should have given you the bar that I used to use for my noodle of a tie-rod. What fun today, Ehhh?