Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what to do...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SUPERSUB87, Dec 11, 2006.

1. SUPERSUB87

SUPERSUB87 1/2 ton status

i ordered some zero rates on sat. they should be here tomorrow. with the zero-rates i should have 7" of lift. The reason why i bought this is because i dont want to have to trim the fenders. i currently have a 6" lifted suburban and some 37x13.5r18 nitto mud grapplers that are having a hard time fitting with 4.5" of bs. so....
    should i only use the the zero-rates to lift the truck? i.e. no moving of the axle forward or backward

should i use them to lift it and move the front axle forward and keep the rear the same?

or any other type of set up.... i also have a three inch body lift i might put on... i was going to put it on this weekend but i had some diffuculties with me rig.. damn dual shock mounts.:o so any input would be great... also, im getting my driveshafts lengthened this sat. so what should i have to measure. the front is already about 2" to short for the transfer case... the rear is sticking out of the transfer case about 3.5" so any input on driveshaft lengthening would be great.

also for pinion angle... would this mess it up alot or a little.... do i need a t-case drop kit for a better angle?:confused: :confused:

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

move the front axle forward

remove the dual shocks

is the rear a flip? if it is push the axle back itll recenter it in the wheel well.

As for angles go to home depot and get an angle finder.

the d shaft shop will tell you how to measure for em.

3. SUPERSUB87

SUPERSUB87 1/2 ton status

ok... sounds good.. the rear is 4" lifted 56" springs and 2" blocks, so its center already:D