Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to do?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by broke73, Feb 22, 2007.

1. broke73

broke73 1/2 ton status

Where to begin?
    My current project is my 73 k5 it has a tired 400sbc, turbo 350 and NP 203. It has a 4 inch lift with blocks in the rear and springs in the front 1/2 ton axles. I have purchased a shackle flip for it and was going to procede with a full rebuild of the motor and trans. But today I bought a 79 3/4 ton with a rebuilt 350 engine, th400 and 14 bolt ff with a 10 bolt in the front for $700.00. The dilema is the body is in really good shape on the truck and my original plan was to steel all the parts from the truck but now I'm not sure if I should just lift the truck, keep it and sell the blazer or what? Attached is a picture of the blazer. I'll post a picture of the truck when I pick it up tomorrow. Let me know what you think I should do. Thanks!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Tough choice. If you don't have a decent shop or acces to one I would go with the truck. It just sucks doing everything in a driveway, in the rain, cold, heat, snow, wind, etc. plus trying to get around while working on your ride. The '73 looks kinda rough plus needing a rebuild engine. Sounds like a lot of trouble if it's your daily driver.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Off topic: can you measure your rear blocks?

I have a '74 Jimmy with 4" Rancho springs but 2.5" rear blocks. The rear sits a little lower than I think it should. Just want to clarify on the blocks that are meant for the 4" springs.

4. broke73

broke73 1/2 ton status

Yeah it's a real tough choice. The blazer is not my dd and I have a pretty nice garage :D , but I still can't decide:confused:

I'll measure the blocks for you, but probably won't be able to get to it til saturday.

5. chevy wrangler

chevy wrangler 1/2 ton status

get what you need, if you need a truck then use that

6. k30bb468

k30bb468 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Drive the truck , Build the Blazer . It's a full convertible so if it's not too far gone then it's worth saving in my book.

7. W7NB

W7NB 1/2 ton status

Post up picks of the truck so we can compare your starting point. It's a tough call and I would have to decide if I wanted the enclosed space or the open bed more.