Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to Do?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Junkie, Jul 19, 2000.

1. K5Junkie

K5Junkie 1/2 ton status

I ordered all my stuff to do my suspension lift mainly from TransAmerican Auto parts in Texas in January of this year. Which included front & rear springs,tires,rims,shocks, brake lines, shock hoops, gears and a detroit locker for the rear and a TruTrac for the front. ok here is the deal...

I have everything on except the detroit and trutrac. The reason for this is when i ordered them i thought i had 28 spline axles, but when the shop went to put the gears and detroit in the rear we found out that the axles were 30 spline. So i called TranAmerican Autoparts and they said just send them back and they will send the ones i need.

Well that was in March and i still don't have anything. When he recieved the box i sent him he said that he said the Detroit Locker for the rear was gonna be on back order and TruTrac doesn't make a 30 spline for the 10 bolt front. He asked me if i wanted my money back and i said no.
    I said i would take an Aurburn instead and wait for the detroit on back order.

Well two weeks ago i call him b/c i haven't heard from him
    nor have i recieved anything in the mail. The guy iam dealing with said the he finally got around to unpacking the box i sent him back in March. Now he says i didn't send him back i Detroit Locker that it was a stock Gov-Loc. Needless to say i was pissed. i know i sent him back the Detroit and he says i didn't. It is his word against mine.

So my question is what can i do?

i mean i have spent alot of money with this company, why would i swith a 28 spline Detroit which i can't use with a Gov-loc that i never had!

Sorry this is so long, but i had to vent and get some advice as what to do about this.

http://k5junkie.coloradok5.com/

2. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

Call the Better Bisnuess Bureau and file a complaint. Sometimes they can work the problem out for you, but they cant take any sort of legal action against them. Sometimes too, all you gotta do is keep buggin em and be an a**hole when you talk to them.

3. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I agree, constantly bug them until you get things straightened out. Go there in person if you can.

Brian
    84k5, 4"Skyjacker kit,33x12.5 goodyear mtr, and 15x10 bajas ordered!

4. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

In our local paper there is a columnist who will "pick up the ball and run with it" so to speak and really dog people like that. Since it's a newspaper calling, they don't want the publicity. We have someone on a local tv station that does the same thing. They call it the "Trouble Shooter" and a lot of times they'll get the problem resolved real quick. Just a thought. Also - have your attorney give them a call or have him/her write a short note about rippin off people! That gets their atention real fast too.

behemoth K5

5. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Talk to a lawyer first. It always helps when you mention that in the conversations. They do not want to end up in court, very bad for business...

6. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

Tell them that you are gonna sue them. I tried that once and my merchandise arrived within a week after over a year of nagging through emails and letters. Oh, I happened to fax them my hand written anger and it worked, try it.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy