Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what to do?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hank75, Feb 7, 2001.

1. Hank75

Hank75 Registered Member

i have 12 bolt rearw/ 3.07 gears. I am regearing to 4.10 and going to put in a locker...problem is up in Vancouver, Canada best price i can get on the locker is 950CDN$. this seems ridiculous to me. Is there another option such changing to a another differential ie 14 bolt that willl be cheaper. I know lockers for 14 bolt are considerably less expensive......problem with that option is i run 33 w/ 4 inch lift, is a 14ff overkill?????? My truck is 75 blazer 350/350/203 part time conversion. I need some input from you guys thanks

ps. sorry for the long ass post just wanted to be clear

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I'm kinda new to the hardcore 4x4 game, but from all the questions I've asked and research I've done I think you will be ok with the 12b. The 14b will eat up a lot of clearence to run only 33's in my opinion. I'd try and find one on the list here for sale or maybe make a trip over the border and pick up a new fancy papper weight suvineer :)

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

3. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Hey,
    Try looking at http://www.nsor.com and 4offrd, http://www.bc4x4.com if you haven't done so already. The 950$ was a detroit right?

Rene,(tRustyK5) will probably have better answers. He is in surrey and is online about 4 hours a day![​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]K5[​IMG]

4. Hank75

Hank75 Registered Member

yes 950$ is a detroit. Thanks for the reply i kinda thought a 14 bolt might be a little much. Is it worth it to go down inot washington and bring one back even with the weak CDN$$.
    What do you guys in washington pay for a detroit 12 bolt locker??????????????????