Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what to eat to gain weight with fast metabolism ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Jan 20, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

for us skinny freak ppl- that have super fast metabolism and have always been that way- how do we freaking gain any weight in a healthy fashion ???

i figure pasta is one way, for the calories,

but what else ?

im at a loss

and im freaking starving right now but i have no idea at all what to pig out on, i wont eat fatty crap like burgers, pizza, fried junk either, i will avoid cholesterol and fat foods

any ideas ??

need to kill the metabolism rate, but i think thats not possible due to genes

thanks

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

I have the exact same problem you do! I'm 6'1 and weigh 155...and after I run a mile I lose like 2 pounds! It's redicoulous...I eat a whole pizza almost every day ontop of jack in the box bacon ultimate cheeseburgers and alot of over bad stuff...I feel your pain brother :crazy:

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

i hate you. At times I eat nothing, yet I stay a constant fatass.........ah yes 6'3" 250lbs..............ok ok, in winter its 260, but i just tell myself its 250.....My genes make me stay fat.....

And as for RUNNING 1 mile......can people actually do that? I can run eh, ok from here to the fridge.......with a water break.....walk a mile, and take a bus back home........

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Big steaks?

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Peanut butter..............

Lots of peanut butter.

6. nau81blazer

nau81blazer 1/2 ton status

Try drinking whole milk and eating alot of protien. Chicken, tuna, stuff like that. It's all about packing in as many calories as you can. And running is not gonna help you gain any. If you have a fast metabolism running is gonna make it faster:D . Try that though. They also have actual weight gainer at GNC or any health store like that. It's pretty good stuff. Tastes like a milk shake with some milk. Hope that helps!

--Adam

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

You hate me too. I am 6' and weigh 130 lbs. I eat anything I want and I eat all day long. I wish I weighed about 180 to 200. On the bright side of being scrawny, I got a part time job offer the other day to be the poster boy for the stick people! :D

8. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

If you smoke, stop

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

protien is the ticket,protien drinks are the fastest. peanut butter like CANMORE said, pasta just makes me hungrier.everytime i hear about a celebrity gaining weight for a movie,they say burgers and burban?? burban!! i know the burgers don't work alone.MMMMM get smashed gain weight:D

10. tunedportk5

tunedportk5 1/2 ton status

same here 6'2" 165 I've been the same exact weight as in high school I could eat all I want and not a pound

11. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I'm 6'1" and 150. Doesn't matter what I eat, I stay about the same. I do run about 40 miles a week, which probably doesn't help much. :dunno:

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'm 5'11" and 150 lbs...maybe 5 or 6 lbs heavier than when I was 18. I don't feel the need to weigh more.

Rene

13. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Hi calorie protein shakes.

They will load you up with about 1000 calories, with vitamins to boot.

Avoid fatty and greasy foods. Who wants to croak from heart disease?

14. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

to gain weight, healthy weight, you need to work out also, not run, lift weights. 45 min a day 5 days a week is a solid workout, if your not really serious about it, do it when you can, but dont blow it off. try heavier weights with fewer reps, like 4 sets of 8 reps (keeping in mind all this is just a crash course-nutshell kinda thing). Protein is the only thing that rebuilds/repairs muscle, so obviously you'll need lots of that, about 1.5-2grams of protein per pound you weigh, per day. carbohydrates and calories are also the ticket, healthy carbs, not sugars.. eat something like oatmeal and or eggs for mornin, about 5 smaller meals per day are better for you.. and just keep crammin it down your throat (fish, grilled chicken, pasta, bread, potatoes, pretty much all meat, not fried though,) thats about all off the top of my head, and i dont wanna type any more, oh yeah, try creatine if you start workin out, with LOTS of water... hope this helps someone... oh yea, never buy at GNC, they are wayyyy over-priced, i use big_pappa_b's friend, Bill, at completesupplements.com, very good prices and products, helluva guy too, buy the "Weightgainers"-self explanatory, has all you need in a shake...

15. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i'm 5'10 and 190 right now. i was over 200 barly.i was drinking 5 to 8 thousand calories a day in protien drinks just to get to 200.and ate at least 6 to 7 thousand calories a day. i swear to GOD.it seemed the more i ate the more i needed. my freind dave and i were working out and trying to see who could gain the most.he could read the food section and gain weight, i can eat a double whopper/with cheese and a large order of fries AND a shake and lose weight from chewing.:mad: :)

16. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

yea im the same way, well kind of, I am 16 but I am 6'1 and I weigh about 155, I have tried everything form weight gain shakes to just laying around all day and eating, nothing works. I am pretty strong I just dont look it :) all well I guess its better than being 400lbs and not be able to see your man hood when taking a piss :D

17. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Eat more.....of everything. For breakfast eat 4 eggs and 2 pieces of toast. For a snack eat a turkey sandwich and an apple. For lunch eat a chicken breast and veggies. For your next snack eat another sandwich and a protein shake, for supper more meat (fish, chicken, turkey or beef) a potato and veggies. If you are working out drink another protein shake right before bed. With your metabolism you'll lose weight sleeping. :thumb:

18. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

mmm protien!!!!

19. sean'schevy

sean'schevy 1/2 ton status

all i can say is i wish i had that problem. losing weight is a bitch. im 6'0 and currently 220 (my goal is 200)at my highest weight I was 280 about 8 months ago. My advise to gain weight is eat often and big portions just do it in a healty way like the other guys are saying. goodluck

20. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Wow, good job! Looks like you are closing in on your goal of 200 :waytogo: