Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to look for in lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FL84K5, Aug 19, 2001.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I have an '84 Blazer. I am interested in lifting it 4 inches and running 35 inch tires. I am new to 4 wheeling, so what should I look for in a good lift kit? What parts should it inlcude? What would be a good width wheel and tire to run? The truck is my daily driver, so it needs to be good on the road. Do I need to trim the fenders? If so, can a good body shop do this? Thanks.

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I would recommend a 6" kit for 35s. 6" is not bad onroad, ( thats what I run, w/ a bodylift to clear 38s ) Superlift makes a good kit and its fairly complete as far as I know. A friend recently put one on his Blazer. Make sure you get a steering arm most importantly w/ whatever kit you get. Blocks or springs in the rear are your preference, most all will recommend springs in the rear, I have had no problem w/ blocks personally, But will be getting springs for the rear in the future.

If you go w/ a 4" kit you may need to trim, and yes a good body man can do that, at least I know I can.

Tires and wheels, for onroad, go w/ what your major preference is, lots of mud, get a Swamper radial, mostly trails, go w/ an all terrain. It all depends, so its real hard to say. Personnaly I run Swamper TSL ( non radial )

By the way I sent you a P/M, to ask you a question.

I get all the excercise I need pushing my luck![​IMG]

3. flblazer

flblazer 1/2 ton status

i have 35s on mine with a 4" lift no rub at all well i tell you next week heheheheh i know some 1 that can put you a lift in if you want ask pureinsanity for my aol mesge name

can some 1 find me a ford i need to take a pee still peein on that ford just have to keep goin dam i can not stop pissin:) k5s kings