Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to look for in when buying a burb

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by GMCLegacy, Nov 22, 2004.

1. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

a co-worker is looking at buying a burb for the family vechicle. needs to be the 9 passenger, and preferably the 3/4 ton for towing his camper. im guessing he is looking at the 95 and newer range. what shuold he stay away from and what should he be looking for. what auto trans were offered, could you get a 14bff or only a sf? i havent kept up on my 88 and newer chevy stuff, call me ignorant.

2. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

As long as its a 3/4 ton, not much to watch for. Only one tranny (a good one, 4l80e), either 14bolt shoudl be fine.

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

This might be better in the suburban forum, we have our own forum here /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif. In any case, I dont even know if they put bench seats in the fron of later model suburbans. You would need a bench seat to be able to haul 9 people. Speaking of which, suburbans didnt change body style until 92 on. One suggestion is to keep your eye out for a diesel burban, especially if you intend to tow. They are few and far inbetween and I highly doubt you'll find one with a bench seat, but you never know.