Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to use for a step-up?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by UseYourBlinker, Apr 20, 2002.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I currently am running Smittybuilt nerfbars. I want something closer to the body,and alot smaller. After I installed the ORD body lift ,the nerf bars are hanging a bit lower than I want them too. Rock slider's are about $259 too much for me. What are you guy's running?Pics would be great /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I took a 10" wide piece of 1/4" structural steel i beam. Cut it in two length wise. And made these rock sliders/steps. I'v hung them up a few times and so far they work great. They attach the same way the Toy box sliders do. Cost me next to nothing to make.
    Pics:
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze/aaz> Rock sliders before install</a>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze/aba>Rock sliders installed</a>

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

imo the best rocker-pro mod ever is the www.off-road.com rocker replacement move. If ya have a buddy that can weld, this is a CHEAP mod to do... all you need to do is pay for some box tube to replace the rockers with. Its dirt cheap, its plenty strong, and you actually GAIN ground clearance at the rockers. I'm not sure it gets any better than that...

J