Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to use for venting stuff (tcase, axles, tranny, gas tanks)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TX Mudder, Mar 26, 2002.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

What do you guys use to vent your stuff?
    I ripped out the whole charcoal cannister and have some bare rubber hoses that need a cent end on them.
    I don't have any more of those factory things. Gotta be something else anyway.
    I thought about just uing a vacuum-line T and connecting them to my axle vents. But since I'd be messing with it anyway, might as well get something better and raise them highr too.
    -- Mike

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I raised all my lines using fuel hose. It comes in 3/8" and 1/2" and that's all I needed. I used hose clamps to attach them to the fuel cell, the axles, and tranny. Then at the extreme end, you'll need some sort of vent top. Toyota makes some awesome ones on their stock axles. If not, I used a fuel filter on the fuel cell side. But my axle breathers are still open. I'll either use the toyota units or there's some interesting stuff on the grainger site. Just type in "vent" and see what you get!!

HTH, Bryan

3. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

I agree with laketex, I used fuse hose.

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Left mine stock /forums/images/icons/smile.gif But then again not much mud or watter here. BTW nothing leaked out when I rolled except for brake fluid, but that was from the broken brake line.