Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to use to clean rims?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by UseYourBlinker, Nov 16, 2000.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I noticed today that my rims have massive water spots and was wondering what you guys use to clean your rims with? They are aluminum Alcoa look-a-likes.

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

You can get some eagle AtoZ wheel cleaner that works really good. If that doesn't work, you can get some wadding stuff that comes in a can that works pretty well.

90K5

3. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Try giving it a nice MUD BATH!!! If that doesn't work I always use good ol' Mother's Posish.

BLAZE IT UP!!!

4. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I think what K/5's talking about is WENOL-looks like cotton wadding soaked in kerosene but works damn good.

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, thats whay it is. I have some made by Eagle One, but there are others.

90K5

6. UseYourBlinker

Like always thanks for the repleys guys....

7. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

hey been there done that with all the other stuff, my brother has the same rims ran into the same problem but now they look almost like chrome, use a buffer and rubbing compound to clean them up to new again!!

8. UseYourBlinker

I just came back from Pep Boys and talked to a guy there and he said to try this "red stuff" as he called it. I bought it for $2.37 and it works great. There is still a couple of water spots, so I am going to use a buffer on them. If you want the name of that "red stuff" let me know. Later, and have a nice day!

9. CruisinK5

CruisinK5 1/2 ton status

I have found that Eagle A2Z all wheel works the best. If water spots are real bad most likely this will not cut it. I had some bad water spots on my rims and I bought a wheel buffing kit that comes with two kinds of buffing wheels for you drill and two different buffing compounds. Even if your wheels are not that bad you would surprised how good they look after buffing them.

"Have you driven over a ford lately?"