Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What to use to plug up slip yoke on np208?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Lotsa_Faith, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

the rear yoke coming out of my '208 had been filled w/silicone cause the stopper piece came off, and now its leaking. what can i use to plug that up? The tranny shop guy said that a right sized freeze plug would work, but i can't find any freeze plugs for sale individually.

2. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

yep, mine leaks too, i probly should of filled it up with silly cone last time i had it out, some people would say to braze a new plug in, a freeze plug is a great idea, a radiator shop would have them, to my knowlage, good luck

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

With out see what size it is I would say go over to Lowes The hardwear store or maybe Ace
    I was in Lowes yesterday a saw rubber plugs that mite work I've use the same in place of a freeze plug. On one end there is a nut you can tighten up to seal the hole up.

Eric

4. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

I found a big fender washer that fit the hole and welded it in place and welded the bolt hole closed. Tried the freeze plug with epoxy but they kept falling out.

5. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

well i thought that this black plug that was in it was factory equipment, it fit PERFECT in the splines...come to find out that it was just silicone put in there, but slid out and got chewwed up by the ujoint.

6. Living Large

Living Large Registered Member

Same problem here. What I did was take the original plug to a good machine/dive line shop and have them weld the plug to the yoke. Costs very little(1/2 hour shop time) and it fixed the leak for 5 years now.

7. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Don't know exactly where yer talkin' about.....but, for freeze plug help...try the radiator shop off McDonald that's behind that Pipe and Steel place (can't remember the name of that little street)....I'm off all this week if ya wanna run by and sorta look around under your truck...I'm in and out of the house runnin' errands during the day, so leave a msg if ya want...