Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What trails are we going to run?

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by jms, Aug 8, 2005.

1. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

This will be my first year out. I only have 35's and am locked on both ends. Body damage is not a big deal to me, I just want to wheel a challenging trail. I do not want to be strapped every 5 minutes though. I have always heard Pritchett is where it's at, but could I run this with my setup??

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Yes you can run Pritchett with 35's and lockers. As long as you got sliders you can probably make the trail clean. Rocker Knocker will put a hurting on your doorjambs without sliders though.

Moab Rim is another cool trail to run as long as you aren't affraid of heights. It isn't a hard trail but it is pretty cool.

Harley

4. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah I'm curious to see what the "hard" trails are for the rest of the days? Pritchett on Saturday which is cool with me so I can see if my recent mods helped at all... Well I know the only spot I had trouble on was the rock pile, bumper kept hitting before tires did, I know that won't be a problem anymore...

So far I've run Upper Hell, Pritchett, Steel Bender, and Hells Revenge. I had to ride shotgun on Hells Revenge since my truck's power steering pump went out so I wouldn't mind running that and having a go at the hot tubs. If this is one of the "easy" trails scheduled I may head over to it and ditch the cool kids for the day :haha: I really want to try those hot tubs...

Anyway, as far as other trails, I don't know anymore so whatever you guys decide is good with me.

EDIT: Found this, seems like some good info:

http://www.4x4now.com/mu4wd.htm

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I wouldn't mind hitting Hells Revenge and Upper Helldorado, but I'm open for anything. :ears:

6. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well I am not going this year but I will see you next year. From my experience if you pick two trails per day everyone will have somewhere their rig will fit in. My only suggestion is to have this figured out BEFORE the morning of so everyone isn't standing around city market waiting for 2 hours.
    My $.02

7. FWP

FWP CRS

8. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

What moron would bring a fullsize like that on the trail? :rolleyes:

Anywho yeah I'm down for hells revenge on Friday. I'm taking way more days this year than last year. In 03 I stayed thursday through Sunday and went home Monday. That worked alot better than what I did last year showing up Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday... I missed the Friday run and sat at camp by myself for 5 hours :mad:

Anywho, I'M READY TO GO!!!!

9. stallion85

Rockers will not be a problem :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. PJTPW

PJTPW 1/2 ton status

I'd like to see the K3500 in the carwash. I just cleaned it out two weeks ago and now have an extra set of sockets and about 10 u-joints, caps, nails, and other junk. It's dry right now.

Ryan

11. stallion85

I hoped you wore a Bio-suit when you cleaned that thing out :haha:

Looks like there is a lot of nasty stuff in there :doah:

12. PJTPW

PJTPW 1/2 ton status

Dump bump and hell's gate are open. Just ran them last night.

Ryan

13. PJTPW

PJTPW 1/2 ton status

Yep the tubed Dodge. I'm using a totally different drivetrain in the buggy (Chevy). :D

I haven't run Flat Iron Mesa. From the Red Rock 4 Wheeler's site:
    ---------
    Trail Rating: 4

Flat Iron Mesa is south of Moab and is bounded by Kane Springs Canyon on the north, Hatch Wash Canyon on the west, West Coyote Canyon on the south, and Highway 191 on the east. A main road has a BLM sign, but our trail leaves the highway earlier (18 miles from town) and it quickly gets 4WD status on numerous old trails that reach fine canyon overlooks and provide some interesting four-wheeling. Most of the trail is fairly easy; the "4" rating goes with only a couple of obstacles, some having easier bypasses. There is a harrowingly narrow section on a cliff edge that barely allows a full-size vehicle to pass - being small is a comforting advantage. The Easter Sunday run will be in the reverse direction, giving it a difficulty rating of 4+ and requiring differential lockers. Approximate mileages: 55 total, 17 off highway.
    Scenery: There are views of the La Sal Mountains, local cliffs, and different canyons throughout the trail. The cliffs and canyon walls near Kane Springs and Muleshoe Canyon are especially beautiful. Hatch Canyon is about 700 feet deep at the overlook where West Coyote Creek joins it in a series of cascades.
    Road Surface: Much of the trail is two-track on sandy dirt that is occasionally dusty and is always inlaid with bedrock. There is a little slickrock, a gravelly hill, and numerous rocky ledges.
    Obstacles: Several short hills won't be done on first tries by everyone. A long climb to a flat-top butte is in a loose mixture of coarse gravel and dirt, and it is made more difficult by a few large rocks. It can be bypassed. Near West Coyote Canyon overlook are a long ledgy downhill (site of a tip-over a few years ago) and a narrow shelf that requires a tight turn. (Note that, on Easter Sunday, "down" becomes "up" and vice versa.)

------------

What about behind the rocks? That's one of my favorites and it really only has one difficult obstacle, but there are plenty of optional ones. Rusty Nail is also a great trail.

Ryan

14. DIRKSTER

DIRKSTER 1/2 ton status

i am not sure about flat iron mesa if i get time in the next cupple weeks i will go run thru it on the atvs and check it out shouldnt take to long to get thru on bikes. steel bender is maby one to concider it has some good wheeling for moderate rigs, not much fun for buggies and such. and isn't to craxy long. fun to run backwards. saterday night was nice last year, hopfuly we can get everybody to particapate in somthing this year.

15. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

As long as there are full sizes and slickrock in the mix I don't care what we run, I'll pretty much try anything on any trail I end up on. Well I might take a strap again for white knuckle hill. :D I really wouldn't mind running that trail again, it was one of my favs so far.

Mind you there are quite a few I haven't tried yet that could become my new favs... :whistle:

16. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

The only trails I've done in the area have been the touristy ones. White Rim in the Canyonlands and such.

So I just want to hit any good trail.

17. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Well any of the trails that are new to you are new to me as well. You've been there everytime I have. I just kind of follow you and Dave around :deal:
    I've had a lot of fun on every trail I've driven in Moab and I'm sure that's not going to change any time soon. You guys pick out whatever trails you haven't run yet and I'll be there to help grab your bumper when you give us those scares your getting famous for lol :rotfl: :deal:

18. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I'll believe it when I see it :deal:

19. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I just found out that there is an XRRA event out at Area BFE the same weekend.
    I am going to try to find out if any of the area BFE trails will be open.
    This might be a bad weekend to be looking for hardcore trails.

Friday Hells revenge. Good trail for everyone to do. Easy to hard whatever you want to do.

Sat. Pritchett Canyon for the hardcore crowd
    Sheetmetal gang is going to the mall in Grand Junction for a little hardcore wheeling :whistle: :ignore:

Sunday maybe someting like Coyote for the hardcore crowd and The city market parking lot for the Sheetmetal gang??? :haha:

20. FWP

FWP CRS

You're so cruel to the sheetmetal guys :haha: (of which I used to be :doah: )

Thanks for lookin into the BFE thing, let us know what you find out :bow: ,
    I think I mentioned it once (see my post near the top of this thread)