Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What trails?

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by CK5, Jun 2, 2002.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Man, time is running out, we need to pick two hard trails and two easy trails for BB, any ideas?

2. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Rusty Nail with the bonus of Double Whammy, and Pritchett for the hard trails dont care about the easy ones

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ahhh I think 75% of us have never been there! Sup too you Mr. Trail Boss /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    I say keep the trials doable but not easy. I still have to drive my rig back to Cali so anything more than a Ujoint here and there...well you get the idea.
    Maby just have a recomended list and the different groups can venture off and all meet up sometime later for a CK5 cheer or something? Everytype of K5 will be there.
    Super Modified (Mr. Watson)
    Modified (me)
    SuperStock (basic lift and tires)
    Stockers
    anyway my .02c

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

ditto. I have never been there... I figured you + SW would have all the info you'd need to pick some good ones. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif So long as there are 2 different trails a day (1 for stock-mild rigs, 1 for beefy k5s) its all good with me. All I know is, I hope my rig survives BB... I wanna go wheel some extreme stuff with SW after BB is over! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J

5. sagechicken

sagechicken Registered Member

I've run poison spider mesa in a stock truck. I think with good spotter a K5 would have little trouble. Plus there are plenty of harder obsticles so some of the more modified rigs could still have a good time.

6. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

If we have a large group, pritchett would make for a VERY long day, Rusty Nail would scare a lot of folks I think. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Pucker factor is the whole idea I thought. I'am in what ever you guys want to do.

8. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Schedule both hard trails for both days and then split a large group up. If the group is small, only run one at a time.

9. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I know how much everyone would love to wheel with everyone that is there but we really must break up into several groups. With almost 50 trucks, I think we need at least two hard trails, two moderate trails and two easy trails or trails with a lot of by-passes each day.
    I would be happy to be a leader on some of the trails I am use to and maybe some I'm not. We need to find out how many people are willing to be leaders and what trails they want to do that they know. I may not be the leader type but my group <font color=red>WILL<font color=black> have fun. We will also <font color=red>ALL<font color=black> leave together or camp on the trail together.
    <font color=blue>I'll choose:(moderate)
    Poison Spyder
    Hells Revenge, Tip over, escatator areas
    Flat pass
    and maybe gold bar rim.<font color=black>
    I don't have a winch yet, so I would need a back up in the front with me. (unless I can get one before the trip)
    Just my $.02 /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    On another note, we need to determine what requirements are needed for someone to go on a trail...ie lockers, stock etc. so someone with a stock truck doesn't hold up a group of bad a$$ blazers. (sorry stockers)./forums/images/icons/frown.gif

10. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I have a winch/forums/images/icons/wink.gif!
    Great Ideas!
    Ted The Wild Man ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like your sig!!/forums/images/icons/cool.gif

11. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

I will volunteer to lead on the hard trails as I agree we need to split these runs up and maybe swap half the vehicles for the next day. I have been on many of the trails there so I know a lot of them. Behind the rocks, and Lower Helldorado would be two other good ones.

12. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

I would definately love to get on Pritchett Canyon if that is at all a possibility for one of the hard runs. Also Lower Hell is good but you know that almost every K5 would get a new dent in their door unless they took them off. Cliffhanger is my favorite moderate trail along with Moab Rim and for a good challenge for the stockers Hell's Revenge, Poison Spider Mesa, Kane Creek Canyon and Steel Bender are all good choices. I would be willing to lead on Hell's Revenge or Cliffhanger for one day then on the other day I would like to get out on Pritchett or Lower Helldorado. So let me know

13. Storm Trooper

Sounds good Steve! A little Zep and Ted at lunch/forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    Sounds like a good time. We could be the <font color=red>metal tour<font color=black> /forums/images/icons/smile.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif
    Tim, you the man! If I wasn't wanting to help, I'd hang with you guys tell the metal starts flying..........then maybe just watch and take pictures./forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    Come one Moab addicts, lets get some help here!

14. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Several years ago I did Prichett Canyon... Love to do that one again.

Lower Helldorado sounds great. Is "Upper" right next to it so we could view and choose?

Which trail has "Hell's Gate"!?!? I've been dying to go up that since seeing the pics...
    /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    Marv

15. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

The exit to Lower Helldorado is the entrance to upper. Hells gate is on Hell's Revenge trail. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

16. WhiteWhomper

WhiteWhomper 1/2 ton status

Proving Grounds and Upper Helldorado. Heck, might as well hit some hard trails that we haven't run yet.

17. Storm Trooper

So is anyone else out there going to help out???????
    /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

18. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I think the plan for right now is to wait to see exactly how many we get officially signed up and then see how to mix up the trails. One thing we can look at also that might be fun for all involved is setting up a trail that has easy and hard parts. Example would be Gold Bar rim along with Rusty Nail and Golden crack area. Stockish rigs could run Gold Bar and walk/ride down to the nasty stuff and watch the more modified trucks play. It could make a long run coming out though. The same could be done in Hell's Revenge, there's lots of bypasses for the hard parts and good stuff to watch.
    I think Kane Creek is a great "lightly modified" trail, I ran it with very few problems in my wife's suburban (33's, twin open 10 bolts, 3-4" lift) over Mem. Day and had a good time. We also ran some easier parts of Hell's Revenge and Flat pass. Dave Cowley's trail list was right on I think.

19. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Hell's revenge is the only trail that I am dying to experience, it seems like every obstacle that I have ever heard of is on or near that trail. I have never been there before, so for the rest???