Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What trannies match to what tcase, etc...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudFrog, Jun 3, 2002.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have a link to information about what trannies will bolt directly to what tcases?

I've got 120k on my original 700R4, while it still seems to be going strong I want to plan ahead and start gathering parts. I'd like to either swap in a TH400 or TH350 and keep the NP241 or go with an NP205, just depends on what fits what, and how good of a deal I can find on the stuff. Also, as long as it's a tranny from a 4x4 will it bolt directly to my 350?

2. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I don't know of any on-line charts of what bolts to what and when, but Basically, best thing for you to do, is look for a tranny/tcase combo already set up. So, if you're looking for a 400/205 or 400/241 combo, then look for that.
    You can get mismatch ones and get custom adaptors or mod existing ones to "make" em work, but custom adaptors are $$$$$$. I can PM you what tranny came stock with what tcase in general if you like though. Should atleast give you an idea of what's going on.

With the autos you're looking for, you won't have a problem with them bolting up to your 350. Most likely, only Xmember mods and/or fabbing and drilling a few holes here and there....
    Boss

4. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Alright. Yea if you have time please do but not hurry if your busy, like I said I'm just planning ahead.