Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what tranny and case setup is better

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by primerk5, Jan 22, 2002.

1. primerk5

primerk5 1/2 ton status

im not planning on wheeling my truck though thats what i built it for but anything is possible i now have a th350 to a 2wd converted np203. im am considering going to a th400r4 with a np208 i know the aluminam case is weaker but i cant find a 205 for an automatic in these parts for under 300 dollars. any help would be great

PRIMERK5

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

A 208 is plenty enough case for your situation. You only have to worry about the 208 when your out taggin rocks and have the risk of getting holes punched in it (I'm sure there are more situations). The 208 is a TON easier to lift and has a lower low range. Get one of those or a 208/241 w/ a late model 700r4. This will be alot easier to find, give you better mileage, and cost less.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>The Blazer Boy Page</a>

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

If you're not planing on wheeling it. By-all-means, go for the 700R4 and 208 combo.

<font color=white>.</font color=white>Eric
    <font color=white>.</font color=white>Twizted