Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what truck should i get??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cannibal, Oct 31, 2004.

1. cannibal

cannibal Registered Member

hi all,

here's the deal, i will leave from where im stayin and im goin to a place where i can buy trucks the same price as u get, imagine i have 78 K5, which i bought for 7000 dollers, with nothing on it, standered, the problem is that we have alot, and i mean alot of taxes here, so im gonna leave my truck here, and i was wondering should i buy an old truck there or should i get a yukon or tahoe or smthin. what do u think? mostly street and desert use it will be, and i will have access to parts, though i love to get a K5!! or to be more specific, what should be done to a K5 to be perfect for street/desert use, thanx /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    hi all,

here's the deal, i will leave from where im stayin and im goin to a place where i can buy trucks the same price as u get, imagine i have 78 K5, which i bought for 7000 dollers, with nothing on it, standered, the problem is that we have alot, and i mean alot of taxes here, so im gonna leave my truck here, and i was wondering should i buy an old truck there or should i get a yukon or tahoe or smthin. what do u think? mostly street and desert use it will be, and i will have access to parts, though i love to get a K5!! or to be more specific, what should be done to a K5 to be perfect for street/desert use, thanx /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ] If you like the K5, get a K5. For mostly streets and desert, I'd deffently get one with A/C. Maybe a 89 to 91.

3. bandit1

bandit1 Registered Member

if you like the k5 and want a tahoe/yukon get a '94 fullsize blazer. i picked mine up for 4200 and NEVER had any problems with it. I love that truck to death. I know its just like a tahoe but i'm a blazer man. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif