Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What type of upgrades are out there for the DMax?

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by Hustler, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

I just bought a 2003 Chevy 3500 crew cab, 4x4, long bed with all the extras and love it so far. It has a bunch of power now, but I would like to get more. What is out there that is easy to install and not affect warranty?
    Thanks

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

There are tons of programmers available but my favorites are the Banks big hoss and even better is the Edge Juice Comp box. The bad part with the larger programmers is that you will need a free flowing exhaust to keep the EGT's down and a good intake filter will help.

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Everything you need to know can be found here.

I have the Edge Juice/Attitude and have to keep it turned down a bit to protect the trans until it can be upgraded. Still, the power is AMAZING! I also have stock exhaust and no problems on any level the stock Alli can handle. I've been told that only a free flowing muffler (and not a full exhaust) can handle the higher tunes too. If you have a manual, much like the Alli, you'll need upgrades to survive the power of just the Juice/Attitude setup.

4. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info guys.