Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What u-joint do I need?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by djohnsn, Nov 13, 2001.

1. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

What U-Joint do I need for a 14-bolt SF from a 92 Chevy light duty 3/4 ton? The driveshaft shop that I used built the driveshaft with the 1330 u-joint, but it is too small. I need to know if my driveshaft shop was wrong, or if someone may have swapped the pinion yoke on this rear.

DJ
    78 K5

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Might be a 1350...you could always use a hybrid for now.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by tRustyK5 on 11/13/01 10:25 AM.</FONT></P>

3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I used a NAPA #447 conversion U-joint for this.

The 1350 cap is about 1.19" in diameter, only slightly larger than the 1.125" 1330 U-joint cap, so it should almost look like the existing U-joint fits in the new yoke. The crosses are the same length across, but the 1350 cross is thicker.

The 447 joint comes with inner snap rings for the smaller side and outer snap rings for the larger side. My yoke wasn't set up for outer snap rings, but it has two ears that stick out, so I am relying on that to center the joint and I'm not using any snap rings.

<font color=green>There's nothing like the smell of a rich V-8 in the morning...</font color=green>